diy solar

diy solar

I did a thing! Sunny Island, growatt min ac coupled system

Another option which is on the EU version and hopefully in the US version too but this needs checking

Found out that the Solax X1 Boost G3, which is a cheap and freely available new UK G98 inverter, can be made to control its output via the connected Grid frequency.

https://community.victronenergy.com/que ... erter.html

The two parameters that need adjusting are

FreqSetPoint (Htz)

and

FreqDropRate (%)

So for a Sunny Island these would be set to 51Htz and 10% so that by 52Htz the output is zero.

You also have to set the Grid country to one that supports these parameters, eg EN50438_NL, VDE4105 or User Defined

and also play around with parameters to improve stability

Fac Upper and Fac Upper slow

These parameters are also on the G4 version but hidden a bit further down within Grid Services.
Well I have this up and running but the settings given to me by Solax support were wrong. To match the SI frequency shifting the settings are

FreqSetPoint (htz) 51

FreqDropRate (%) 2

I tried the suggested 10% but the Solax X1 dropped its production as the frequency increased but was still making power at 52htz, so the SI increased the freq until the Solax then disconnected with grid fault. Went back to Solax support and they eventually worked out their initial info was wrong and gave me the 2% setting.

The formula is (End freq-start freq)/nominal freq as a %

so (52-51)/50 = 0.02 o= 2%

Back