diy solar

diy solar

I just finished a 400 watt system.

Thomas

I been using 3ea. 100 watt panels with a kodiak inergy for a year now. I wanted to buy another kodiak, but found that they discontinued it for their new inergy apex, but it doesnt use standard mc4 connectors, and I'm not tearing down my solar panels to replace with theirs, and I heard other bad things about them, so I built my own system. You can see how i mounted my panels on my shed with 2x4s and angle irons like a door that can be raised or lowered with a inergy kodiak for a year now with good results, but now I built my own solar generator using a 40amp mppt tracer ,and a xantrex prowatt 2000, and added 2ea. Battle born batteries because i wanted more efficiency and longer battery storage time.

Last edited:
I been using 3ea. 100 watt panels with a kodiak inergy for a year now. I wanted to buy another kodiak, but found that they discontinued it for their new inergy apex, but it doesnt use standard mc4 connectors, and I'm not tearing down my solar panels to replace with theirs, and I heard other bad things about them, so I built my own system. You can see how i mounted my panels on my shed with 2x4s and angle irons like a door that can be raised or lowered with a inergy kodiak for a year now with good results, but now I built my own solar generator using a 40amp mppt tracer ,and a xantrex prowatt 2000, and added 2ea. Battle born batteries because i wanted more efficiency and longer battery storage time. You can see it on my YouTube channel at,
I'm on their mailing list . . . they just released an adapter for MC4 panels.

Thanks, i just checked their web side and your correct. I have had several contacts with them over the past year, asking them for mc4 connector adapter, but they kept telling me that it would be impossible, and their solar panels would be the only ones that would work with the apek because of the way it was wired, but now by some miracle they have a simple adapter that works with any mc4 connector. ,so I guess they weren't being very truthful, but they just wanted to sell their own solar panels. This even a greater reason not to buy their products because they appear to say anything to make a profit, and don't care about being honest with their customers. I may be wrong, but this is what it appears to me. This is only my personal opinion.

Please note: I heard that if you use their mc3 adapter with other solar panels other than their's that you will void the warranty, so use with caution. In my opinion, This system just has too many problems with it to go wrong with, not worth the time and money too invest in when their are more reliable systems on the market. I still dont like that the fan goes on and stays on every time you plug in ac appliances. Your loosing about 7 watts an hour using the ac inverter. Most inverters are temp. Controlled, so the fan only goes on when they get warm and that saves energy, but the apex goes on and stays on when in use with ac appliances.

Back