diy solar

diy solar

Ignoring a sub forum?

I don't know if this is possible or not, but it would be a nice feature to have. If you'd like to research this feature independently, the forum software we use is called Xenforo, they have a support forum with lots of knowledgeable people. You could also see if the "news feed" or "watched forums" tabs can be used to accomplish this. I believe 'news feed' will show you the latest posts from people or subforums that you follow or watch. I think by default 'watched' subforums will generate notifications (including email notifications if you left them enabled) when there are new posts in your watched forums, but you can optionally disable notifications.

Thank you dzl.

So I found this https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ignore-content.6538/

Looks like it costs 15$ a year?
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.2
Additional requirements - PHP 7.2+ Updates duration 12 months ($15.00 yearly renewable) Visible branding No

Take control of your experience: ignore forums, threads, tags, conversations, and users with ease.

Ignore Forums

• Allows users to ignore specific forums and hide their content.
  • Ignored forums will not appear in view.
Ignore Threads
  • Lets users hide unwanted threads from their view.
  • Personalizes experience by allowing users to focus on content they care about.
Ignore Tags
  • Enables users to ignore specific tags and hide related content.
  • Ideal for users not interested in specific topics or categories.
Ignore Conversations
  • Gives users the ability to block specific conversations and keep them hidden.
  • Avoids conversations that are not relevant or of interest.
Ignore Users
  • Allows users to ignore other users and hide their content.
  • Ignored users' content will not show in various locations: widgets, newsfeeds, find news, forum listing, alerts, profile posts, etc...
  • Ideal for avoiding content from users who consistently post material that is not of interest or is potentially offensive.
Conversation Blockers
  • Gives users the power to block unwanted conversations, ensuring they never see them again.
  • Avoids conversations that are repetitive, spammy, or irrelevant.
Privacy: Allow Ignored User to View User Profile
  • Provides users with the option to allow ignored users to view their profile while keeping their content hidden.
  • Gives users full control over their privacy.
Statistics for Forum Owner
  • Provides valuable statistics and insights into how users interact with the platform.
  • Better understanding of user behavior for informed decisions.
Permission Controlled
  • All features of the add-on are permission-controlled.
  • Ensures platform remains safe and user-friendly for all users.

so it looks like in order to use the watched forum page I need to go into about 50+ sub forums and approve them. If so that is quite tedious.
Somewhat tedious, I agree, but at least its a one time thing. Maybe try it out with just a few of the subs you care about, see if it works for you, and if it does, spend the 5 to 15 minutes it would probably take go through them all.

As to the extension you found, it looks useful for a forum like ours, and it looks like it would accomplish what you are asking for, adding this would be @Will Prowse 's decision

Can't find the download button. I hate the xenforo add on archive. They need to rebuild it. Do I need to email someone or what

Can't find the download button. I hate the xenforo add on archive. They need to rebuild it. Do I need to email someone or what
Yeah where the DL button would normally be (top right), all i see is a message "No permission to buy ($30.00)" but that is possibly because I'm not a member of the xenforo forum.

Yeah where the DL button would normally be (top right), all i see is a message "No permission to buy ($30.00)" but that is possibly because I'm not a member of the xenforo forum.
I'm a member and I don't see a link or explanation for where to obtain the add on. Very strange.

Just installed the add-on. Let me know if it works. Currently managing a construction project at my property so can't test all of the features. If you guys have any issues at all with it, please do not hesitate to let me know. If you wish to make a post about this in the general discussion of this new feature, after you guys see that it works well, feel free to do so.

Just installed the add-on. Let me know if it works. Currently managing a construction project at my property so can't test all of the features. If you guys have any issues at all with it, please do not hesitate to let me know. If you wish to make a post about this in the general discussion of this new feature, after you guys see that it works well, feel free to do so.
good suggestion. I am going to be installing some ship lap wed/thursday. Ill spend some time testing it out.

Thanks Will!!!

Back