diy solar

diy solar

Lithium Battery Installation

kmreggio

Installing (2) 12V 300ah lithium batteries in parallel configuration. Planning on using a Buss bar for added connections but I have not purchased one yet. I am stationary currently. Can I temp share the positive terminals on each battery to connect everything going to positive side of battery until I get my buds bar installed?

A diagram would help. In my mind an battery should have an inverter, 12 volt bus, SCC, and charger connected to it.

For me this depends on how much power is being used.

Also, how the lugs would overlap, and if the stud will actually fit the two lugs.

A 300AH will likely be capable of delivering 300A for 1 Hour (1C Rate) and take 150A Charge (0.5 C-Rate).
2 Batteries in Parallel can deliver a max of 600A BUT Batteries in Parallel also Divide/Share both Load & Charge between them.
Each battery MUST be fused, with 12V, you can use MRBF, T-Class & Mega Fuses.
* Due to paralleling, you can safely fuse to 200 or 250A per battery pack.
NB: It is generally recommended NOT to exceed more than 250A Pull from a battery bank. 12V@250A = 3000W (Surge Handling excepted).
Battery Packs in Parallel must have Identical Wire Lengths & Gauge to the Common-DC Bus (excluding length of fuses/breakers or other devices).

WARNING ! Busbars are NOT created equal ! There are many cheap bargains out there and MUST be avoided. The few things to NEVER Scrimp on are Fuses/Breakers and Busbars. Use only Fine to Very Fine wires like premium welding cables, NO COARSE Copper and NEVER EVER Copper Clad Aluminum Wire !

Below is a generic "Component" based system setup. It does not show that Solar IN should also be fused/breakered before going into the SCC.
Parallel System-setup PNG.png

Back