diy solar

diy solar

multi tilting brackets up and running

• Thread starter Deleted member 3614
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3614

Some of you may know me.

I designed and had built a 4 way tilting panel bracket system just before Xmas. My system was meant to be up and running in Feburay but with illness and production issues it took slightly longer than expected.

Last week saw the last single unit fitted but again I fell ill (not that dam virus either) but no both the twin and single tilting system is fully up and running with just the raising arms to be completed.

The twin system has been working since February but on limited power due to cable problems to the batteries, now that's fixed my 260 amp batteries are being fully charged by 10 am and that's with the vans 240 connected to the inverter. what has impressed me is how much wind the brackets can take. the twins weigh in at 26 kg and can handle 20 mph winds but the single being lighter has already taken on 25 without any vibrations or shaking. my system involves no bolts for the tilting part.

The development continues but with this virus, it has almost stopped my plans to take the brackets into full production but the business side is still ongoing. already have a shop offer which is cool.

Sorry, no pictures of the brackets for legal reasons.

My motorhome is now fully off-grid needing no power or water. with its roof fed water system my RV will never see a boring campsite.20200322_195528.jpg20200322_195528.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back