diy solar

diy solar

Operating 2 GS8048 independent inverters on one battery

KEJ

1. Will my 8048A system with its Mate 3 operate properly without charge controllers connected to it? My 8048A system is drawing its DC power from another older 8048 system with its own charge controllers & obviously, batteries.

Just to clear the air, I am new to the forum and apologize for asking your replies be emailed to me in my last post. KEJ

Last edited:
Will the Outback Radian 8048A operate alone with its own Mate 3 and Hub and share power from the batteries used on my older Outback Radian 8048 system? Of course that means the 8048A will not have its own FlexMax chargers. My old 8048 system will maintain the four 12v (48vdc) Hawker LA batteries rated each at 6 hours capacity at 650 amp hrs; finish rate 45 amps. NOTE: There is an input on the Hub communications manager for the FlexMax charger. Will this create a problem with the Mate 3 and the rest of the operation of the 8048A system?

Conceptually, there's no issue with operating two independent inverters from the same battery.

I can't say with certainty on the interoperability of the Mate 3 and hub, but if they are both independent of one another, I can't see how it would be a problem.

Please notify me by email: 2jackmans@gmail.com

No. You can't have my email, and you must give enough of a shit to check back. :)

Conceptually, there's no issue with operating two independent inverters from the same battery.

I can't say with certainty on the interoperability of the Mate 3 and hub, but if they are both independent of one another, I can't see how it would be a problem.

No. You can't have my email, and you must give enough of a shit to check back. :)
With all the crawlers out there I would never post my email on a Forum but that’s me.

There's no issue with it... In fact in certain circumstances I could see it being a positive

Let's say that you have two or three inverter systems running, basically operating zones... But let's say for some reason one of your inverters fails... You still have one or two different inverters that can take up the slack for those zones that have failed

Back