diy solar

diy solar

Orient Power batteries - inverters communication setup

Papote

I have 2 - 5kwh Orient Power Wall mount batteries and 2 - 6.5 kw Orient Power Wall mount inverters connected for split phase off grid operation.

What is the correct way to connect the battery communications RJ45 cable to batteries and inverters?

I already have the ADS DIP switches set for Battery1 and Battery2.
Screenshot_20231126_080814_Google PDF Viewer.png

The batteries have 3 RS485 connectors. If I'm understanding the instructions correctly, I can use regular CAT 6 TIA 586B wiring for connections to the battery. So I would connect Battery1 from RS485B to Battery2 on RS485B (same interface port, but on other battery). I guess I would be done with in battery communications.

To connect the battery to the inverter I need to make a CAT6 cable with pins layout shown below, but not entirely getting it as the pin definition does not match on both ends.

Screenshot_20231126_080144_Google PDF Viewer.png
Screenshot_20231126_093309_Google PDF Viewer.png

I do understand that the RJ45 connects from the battery RS485A port to the inverter's battery port (first port on the interface panel).

Do I need to connect each battery to each inverter's battery port or is just connecting to Inverter1 sufficient cause they are connected for split phase output? Although I just noticed that it says in the notes that it doesn't matter as long as the battery type is set to LIB for the one that will have the battery connection.

Screenshot_20231126_080447_Google PDF Viewer.png
Just want some confirmation that I am understanding this correctly and the proper battery/inverter BMS communication cable wiring scheme. I have CAT6 cables and RJ45 connectors and crimper.

Last edited:
I got this from Orient Power.
I made a cable, but now I'm getting error 61 and the inverters shut off after a few mins.

IMG-20231126-WA0000.jpg

Back