diy solar

diy solar

Outside US - "Server Not Found" unless using VPN

SWSL

"We can’t connect to the server at diysolarforum.com"

Unless I use a VPN. Even in same browser, VPN is only change I believe. Is it the intention of the forum to block people from other places? I wouldn't think so.

I mean, it's no big deal to use a VPN but I normally don't and so constantly run into this when clicking on a search link. Then I remember "oh, that's right diysolar only works with VPN" Kinda weird that's all.

Location Mexico.

Cheers and thanks for a great forum and videos, whole thing. Good on you!

Steve

Works fine "from Mexico" for me.
Sounds like a provider issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240513-164717.jpg
    Screenshot_20240513-164717.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240513-164734.jpg
    Screenshot_20240513-164734.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 3
"We can’t connect to the server at diysolarforum.com"

Unless I use a VPN. Even in same browser, VPN is only change I believe. Is it the intention of the forum to block people from other places? I wouldn't think so.

I mean, it's no big deal to use a VPN but I normally don't and so constantly run into this when clicking on a search link. Then I remember "oh, that's right diysolar only works with VPN" Kinda weird that's all.

Location Mexico.

Cheers and thanks for a great forum and videos, whole thing. Good on you!

Steve
Work fine from belgium, Germany, Luxembourg and the netherlands

Okay from Spain.
Might be your local internet supplier who has bad routing to this site.
Call them.

I had the same trouble as the OP here in Santiago, Chile. So I'm unsure if something changed with the OP's internet provider or the forum here as it affects me as well. This has been resolved by using Google's DNS server (for now. :) )

Sometimes just rebooting your router will give you a different IP address, which works if the old one you had was previously assigned to a spamner or botnet participant and so got on a blacklist. 🤷‍♂️

Back