diy solar

diy solar

Overkill solar BMS bluetooth not working

ohmboy

Hello, Just finished wiring my 24v 105ah battery. When I connected the bms balance wires, I did not see the light on the bluetooth dongle come on. The phone app also just shows 'searching for devices'.
1. Is there a way to troubleshoot this?
2. How do I know if the BMS is working?

Checked the balance wire leads and they show 3.2 or 3.3 volts each. Red and black balance wire leads show 26.0 v
There is power going to the inverter. It is showing 26v on the display.

My system:
Overkill solar bms: 8s 100a w/ m6 threaded terminals. Overkill Solar BMS
24v 105ah LifePO4 battery.

thank you.

meter_balWire.jpgoverkillBMS_bluetooth.jpg

The blue LED comes on when there is an active Bluetooth connection. Make sure location services are turned on when you are trying to use the app, it absolutely will not work without it. It's an Android thing not an app thing.

The blue LED comes on when there is an active Bluetooth connection. Make sure location services are turned on when you are trying to use the app, it absolutely will not work without it. It's an Android thing not an app thing.
Yes, turned on Location on phone. Left the app to search devices but it could not find/detect it. Oh, and I made sure that bluetooth was turned on my phone as well. 😁

Try performing a continuity check of each wire in the bluetooth harness. Maybe you've just got a bad connection.

I gave up on the Android app. particularly with the newer versions of the JBD bms’s. IOS app works great without any problems.

UPDATE: Bluetooth now connects. User error. 😁
I re-started my phone and it detected the xiaoxiang bms.

Back