diy solar

diy solar

Progressive Dynamics Converter “Copper Jumper”

InMyImage

The Progressive Dynamics PD4690 uses a “copper jumper” to connect the Battery Positive and Battery Disconnect Positive on the board to enable the converter to power the 12v panel even when the battery is disconnected when it is on shore power.

Jayco didn’t install it in our trailer so disconnecting the battery when on shore power causes the converter to shut down and you lose power for all 12v systems.

Thanks to @sunshine_eggo I was able to ask the Progressive Dynamics tech I’ve been working with the right question to get this info from him. When I asked what the specs were for the wire, he gave me a part number, said I could only buy it through them directly and he’d try to have a price and availability for me on Monday. This seems to literally be just a solid copper wire so if anyone knows what gauge wire they are using it woube much appreciated.

Just to be clear, this is not the lithium jumper, it is specifically for determining if the converter will cutoff if the battery is disconnected.

1654298395117.png

Last edited:
Back