diy solar

diy solar

Redodo experience in 48v configuration

frankz66

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if anyone has installed 2 batteries in redodo series of 24 volts (total 48v 100 ampere ) and if they have had any problems or difficulties in the configurations. I would like to have feedback on this configuration . Thank you all .

I'm using them in a 48v config. 2 48v strings in parallel to get 48v@ 200Ah - on a eg4 6k.
So I was thinking being Li I could push them down to 30% or so safely. Got to about 50% and 1 in each string went into over discharge.
(I did get them to recover).

So bus bars and balancers are in my future.
Anyone have a good balancer recommendation?

I'm using them in a 48v config. 2 48v strings in parallel to get 48v@ 200Ah - on a eg4 6k.
So I was thinking being Li I could push them down to 30% or so safely. Got to about 50% and 1 in each string went into over discharge.
(I did get them to recover).

So bus bars and balancers are in my future.
Anyone have a good balancer recommendation?
Hi, I have abandoned the idea of buying ready-made batteries because the advice of some experts highlight that it is highly discouraged because they have two separate bms and therefore they can go into imbalance and create problems. What you write about a balancer personally is an excellent choice, because the balancer 8 that is good and reliable and branded), manages to balance the batteries. I have heard redodo and litime, but both the forinotrs recommend charging and balancing the batteries before mounting them .... and every six months check everything. So considering this, as I seem to have understood, you can have unwanted effects with an instability of the string. So the balancer for me is an obligation to install it, even if I am not an expert. In the photo, I bought it for the lead, even if it is not a fast balancer, at least it manages to keep them almost in line.
Finally, I don't give it for sure given my skills, in the accumulations of 48v to put them in series there is always a master and slaves to follow, at least I think I understood so!

Attachments

• IMG_5560.JPG
    IMG_5560.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi, I have abandoned the idea of buying ready-made batteries because the advice of some experts highlight that it is highly discouraged because they have two separate bms and therefore they can go into imbalance and create problems. What you write about a balancer personally is an excellent choice, because the balancer 8 that is good and reliable and branded), manages to balance the batteries. I have heard redodo and litime, but both the forinotrs recommend charging and balancing the batteries before mounting them .... and every six months check everything. So considering this, as I seem to have understood, you can have unwanted effects with an instability of the string. So the balancer for me is an obligation to install it, even if I am not an expert. In the photo, I bought it for the lead, even if it is not a fast balancer, at least it manages to keep them almost in line.
Finally, I don't give it for sure given my skills, in the accumulations of 48v to put them in series there is always a master and slaves to follow, at least I think I understood so!
I had read the advice to charge and balance prior to mounting them (or placing in service) as well, In addition to doing it every 6 months or so.
Im only a couple months in - so i was surprised that the consumption of only 5kw sent them into that state.

Back