diy solar

diy solar

Remote MPPT60 and Config Help thru Insight Home

Miller-Mountain

Hello, I'm interested in hiring someone who can configure all the settings in my 2 MPPT60s thru Insight Home (remotely). It shouldn't take more than 10 or 20 minutes.

I'm asking because even after adding additional panels and a second controller, I'm still losing power by morning. This is an off-grid cabin and we use VERY little power.

Also, lightning struck about 50 yds from my house last summer. Since then I lost the ability to see my inverter and power usage via Insight Home. I really miss these features. Nothing else was effected by the strike.

System Description:
Schneider Electric Conext SW 4024 Inverter/Charger
3-290w panels, 2 360w panels
4 6 volt batteries 235 ah rating (20hr)
2 Conext XW MPPT 60

First you need to figure out if your Insight Home is still working locally before troubleshooting via remote access.

You should be able to connect to it from your local network, if not there may be a local setup issue (ie connection to your network not right).

On the other hand the actual Insight device itself may have been damaged. Are there any lights illuminated on the Insight that would suggest it's getting power?

If the Insight is powered and you can connect locally, there may be a problem with your internet firewall or modem, or some configuration may have changed and the Insight doesn't communicate to the internet.

If you can't see the insight or inverter, how could anyone remote program the stuff?

Also, without knowing your loads, I'm guessing you don't have enough battery capacity.

4 batteries * 6 volts * 235 Ah / 50% usable capacity = 2.8kWh with perfect batteries

How many times have your run them to low voltage cut off?

If you can retrieve your settings, post them here. I'm sure someone can help. They will also need the spec sheet from your battery manufacturer.

Wait, 5 panels totalling about 1600 watts?
If that solar comes anywhere near close to covering your loads, maybe the battery does have enough capacity. This is a much smaller system than I expected for 2 charge controllers.

First you need to figure out if your Insight Home is still working locally before troubleshooting via remote access.

You should be able to connect to it from your local network, if not there may be a local setup issue (ie connection to your network not right).

On the other hand the actual Insight device itself may have been damaged. Are there any lights illuminated on the Insight that would suggest it's getting power?

If the Insight is powered and you can connect locally, there may be a problem with your internet firewall or modem, or some configuration may have changed and the Insight doesn't communicate to the internet.
My Insight Home is working properly. Schneider sent me a new one but the exact same problem exists. I can connect to it just fine.

So you might not have the Insight cabling correctly connected to the Inverter-Charge Controller Xanbus. Have you checked that you have the correct setup as shown in the Insight manual (proper cable, ports connected, terminations etc.?)

The lightning strike may have taken out the Xanbus networking capabilities of either the inverter or the charge controller.

So you might not have the Insight cabling correctly connected to the Inverter-Charge Controller Xanbus. Have you checked that you have the correct setup as shown in the Insight manual (proper cable, ports connected, terminations etc.?)

The lightning strike may have taken out the Xanbus networking capabilities of either the inverter or the charge controller.
Thank you for the tip. I'm going to unplug and rewire everything with new cables. Meanwhile, I'll attaching settings and reports to my original post.

Hello, I'm interested in hiring someone who can configure all the settings in my 2 MPPT60s thru Insight Home (remotely). It shouldn't take more than 10 or 20 minutes.

I'm asking because even after adding additional panels and a second controller, I'm still losing power by morning. This is an off-grid cabin and we use VERY little power.

Also, lightning struck about 50 yds from my house last summer. Since then I lost the ability to see my inverter and power usage via Insight Home. I really miss these features. Nothing else was effected by the strike.

System Description:
Schneider Electric Conext SW 4024 Inverter/Charger
3-290w panels, 2 360w panels
4 6 volt batteries 235 ah rating (20hr)
2 Conext XW MPPT 60

Attachments

• download 1.jpg
    download 1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Permormance Summary.jpg
    Permormance Summary.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 17
  • settings 1.jpg
    settings 1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Settings 2.jpg
    Settings 2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Settings 3.jpg
    Settings 3.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 18
Ahhh, from your attached images it looks like your Insight Home (the hardware) is working and communicating locally with your inverter and your charge controllers. You must be at your cabin and connected by your bluetooth or local WiFi network, but you say that you still can't login remotely to Insight Manager via Insight Cloud on PC or on the Insight Mobile App?

The check mark on the screen image on the first attachment shows that the Insight Home has connected to Schneider's Insight Cloud online server.

I don't know my way around Insight Cloud, but that check marks suggests that perhaps you aren't giving the right logon credentials to log onto Insight Cloud via the internet?

If you want to hire someone to help you configure your Schneider equipment and setup remote access I suggest you reach out to Dave Angelini on the Solar Electric Forum. He has a business doing just that and specializes in supporting people with Schneider gear.

https://forum.solar-electric.com/profile/Dave%20Angelini

Ahhh, from your attached images it looks like your Insight Home (the hardware) is working and communicating locally with your inverter and your charge controllers. You must be at your cabin and connected by your bluetooth or local WiFi network, but you say that you still can't login remotely to Insight Manager via Insight Cloud on PC or on the Insight Mobile App?

The check mark on the screen image on the first attachment shows that the Insight Home has connected to Schneider's Insight Cloud online server.

I don't know my way around Insight Cloud, but that check marks suggests that perhaps you aren't giving the right logon credentials to log onto Insight Cloud via the internet?

If you want to hire someone to help you configure your Schneider equipment and setup remote access I suggest you reach out to Dave Angelini on the Solar Electric Forum. He has a business doing just that and specializes in supporting people with Schneider gear.

https://forum.solar-electric.com/profile/Dave%20Angelini

Back