diy solar

diy solar

Safe to use NMOT ? vs sct

still don't know why a voltage limiter doesnt exist?
Because it is more cost effective to size the panels to the limits of the charge controller. The best designs start with kWh needs and take a system approach, and find a combination of panels and charge controller specs in an inverter that will optimize the cash outlay to get the best result.
I am not critical of your purchase, but other readers may want to learn from your lesson that buying one device without considering the entire system design and other components may not be the optimal way to get the best value.

Because it is more cost effective to size the panels to the limits of the charge controller. The best designs start with kWh needs and take a system approach, and find a combination of panels and charge controller specs in an inverter that will optimize the cash outlay to get the best result.
I am not critical of your purchase, but other readers may want to learn from your lesson that buying one device without considering the entire system design and other components may not be the optimal way to get the best value.
Yeah, no worry to be critical. It's a wimpy generator, no real storage, not real portable at 90lbs. Not a system at all really.

If you have 2 panels now, you can make the system work with 2s to start.

To add on, don't need same model, just similar Voc & Vmp. A different 2 panels wires 2s (or lower voltage panels wired 3s or 4s) that come to within 10% of same voltage will work. Shop locally.

If all panels oriented toward sun at the same time, current from the two strings adds. I think the panels put out 14A and your equipment specifies 15A, so can't do that.

If you mounted panels standing on edge facing West, and added panels back to back facing East, they would put out power different times, morning and evening, so never over 15A. But at Noon, sun hits the edge and makes zero power.

If you tilted one string 30 degrees off vertical, and the other string facing other direction 30 degrees off vertical for 60 degrees between the two strings, they would present pretty much same area to the sun all day. Should still be 15A max, but more hours of production.

I have deliveries to freight terminal, save cost of last mile with liftgate truck. I go get them with my pickup.
I also use smaller panels, like up to 370W, 45 lbs, 3.5' x 5', easier for me to handle alone.

Yours are 70 lbs and almost the size of a 4x8 sheet.
You make a good point as well,... 4 X 8 sheet of freaking plywood! ... Gotta re think indeed. 3 smaller in series / Pair of later. --- Sheeze. /// Sounding like I should get my $387 back from Solar Power Store and re think this here thing.

Back