diy solar

diy solar

Sol-ark 12k time of use question

Judoal

I want to configure this system use only PV or batteries from 1pm to 7 pm and sell excess to the grid. I find the documentation confusing ad tech support hasn’t been helpful. Has anyone done anything similar and can help me? Thanks

You'd want to select 'grid sell' and 'TOU' both from the menu.

Once you have defined the time slots, you can select the ones where you want to 'sell' and how much 'power' you want to sell. You can also set your battery SOC to be 15% for these particular time slots if you want to dump all of the stored power to grid.
Time 1 12am (unmark sell)
Time 2 9am (unmark sell, battery soc 100%)
Time 3 1pm (mark sell, battery soc 15%)
Time 4 5pm (mark sell, battery soc 15%)
Time 5 7pm (unmark sell)
Time 6 9pm (unmark sell)

As a rule of thumb, you should only be selling back to the grid when you are generating PV in excess of your loads and need to charge batteries. When your TOU period is in effect, you should be generating any PV (depending on time of the year) to run your loads and charge or discharge the battery, but not be selling from the battery. And if you have a period of time say at night where your rate is very low, then you can set this period to charge batteries up to say 70-80% SOC in case there is a cloudy day and you may not generate enough PV to avoid high TOU rates.

Back