diy solar

diy solar

Sol-ark 15k Parallel

Wardenclyffe

I plan on building a setup that I can easily add too later (long enough wiring trough) I have 1x 15k sol-ark and eventually want to have 4-8 total.
have most of it down on what I need to do.

I have 120/240v service and 200A meter and panel,And The house panel is also 200A

1.Do I need to upgrade meter and house panel? And what size should I go with?
2.Since I won't be net metering do I need to use a fused disconnect or is a meter main breaker fine?
3.Generator on grid side with a ATS for peak shaving.Also might go with a 48v alternator setup

Last edited:
Meter: whatever the power company requires. If you never export, then you don't need a new meter.

House panel: if you don't want to increase loads, then no need to upgrade the panel. But, 8 15k's can output 400 amps. Double the max of your house panel. 160kw of pv?

Fuses disconnect: whatever your permit will require.

Don't know why you want a generator for "peak shaving"

What is the 48v alternator for?

Meter: whatever the power company requires. If you never export, then you don't need a new meter.

House panel: if you don't want to increase loads, then no need to upgrade the panel. But, 8 15k's can output 400 amps. Double the max of your house panel. 160kw of pv?

Fuses disconnect: whatever your permit will require.

Don't know why you want a generator for "peak shaving"

What is the 48v alternator for?
Thank you this has cleared up alot of confusion,so i basically don't need to upgrade panels unless i plan to run more load then 200A,

The generator would really be just to recharge batteries, I was over thinking needing peak shaving (using batteries to help start loads) while i still have a small generator,but when i go with a big one loads won't matter.

48v alternator with a motor would just be another back and more efficient way to charge the batteries seen a few made with a controller on youtube.

Back