diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark owners check your grid settings

Oldphile

Solar Enthusiast
Edit: As pointed out by 2TrevorJ, do not make changes to grid settings in PowerView. HF1 and LF1 should be 299S and PowerView doesn't allow anything greater than 60S.

I looked at mine tonight. One system does not have batteries. In PowerView the time settings were outside of the allowed range. I tried changing the settings, but would not save. The system with batteries had all the time settings pegged at 60 seconds, the maximum. However, I could modify those and save them.

I recently had an over frequency occurrence where my system with batteries shut down didn't transfer to battery immediately. My UPS for my entertainment system was not happy.

You can adjust the grid settings if you have a battery. 60 seconds OV, UV, OF, UF is not necessary when you have batteries. Let your batteries serve you.
Grid settings.png

Last edited:
Powerview no longer interprets the time fields from that screen properly. It shows a range of 0-60 seconds for ride-through yet the 15Ks interface allows at least 299.00 seconds (the default for some frequency fields when you select UL1741SB). That 299.00 on the inverter shows up as 29,900 seconds in Powerview and it errors out if you hit save because its over 60 seconds.

Moral of the story? Don't use Powerview to change your grid interaction settings.

Back