diy solar

diy solar

Styyll 48v tankless water heater

mndad

Anyone have any experience with

The company is Styyll. From what I can tell, they are the only ones selling a tankless water heater that can run off 48v DC directly.

Or maybe I don't know how to Google.

This would be really great for my application.

Thanks

Anyone have any experience with

The company is Styyll. From what I can tell, they are the only ones selling a tankless water heater that can run off 48v DC directly.

Or maybe I don't know how to Google.

This would be really great for my application.

Thanks
I have a Rinnai tankless it uses 84 watts operational and 1.3 watts standby. Not sure it’s worth any additional money for a 48v unit. Before that I’d buy a small inverter and use that.

Welcome to the forum!

No experience with it but the specs says 102.4v which appears to be for two 48v nominal batteries in series so I don't think it will readily work for your 48v application.

What is you application by the way? I suspect there's some folks here who would have some great suggestions.

I have a Rinnai tankless it uses 84 watts operational and 1.3 watts standby. Not sure it’s worth any additional money for a 48v unit. Before that I’d buy a small inverter and use that.
84 watts while heating? Does it heat the water 1 drop at a time? That just doesn't sound like anywhere near enough energy to realistically heat flowing water as a tankless water heater needs to.

84 watts while heating? Does it heat the water 1 drop at a time? That just doesn't sound like anywhere near enough energy to realistically heat flowing water as a tankless water heater needs to.
Im sure it's a propane tankless and they are just quoting its electric usage. My rinnia is about the same.

Im sure it's a propane tankless and they are just quoting its electric usage. My rinnia is about the same.
Yes it’s propane. I looked at your unit after I commented. I just installed this Rinnai a couple of weeks ago and while I really like it getting it operating correctly was a lot more involved than the tank heater it replaced. I do not think I’d be as pleased with an electric tankless. Just not robust enough for our home. Maybe for a single faucet but not for a whole home.

Back