diy solar

diy solar

Sungold SPH5048P 5K inverter

Thank you!
I know @42OhmsPA has been working with SA on his SRNE ASF and there’s been some software improvements over time to help better integrate the unit. I am unsure of how friendly SA with the HYP units, I think it’s been done, I just don’t know how seamless it is

I know @42OhmsPA has been working with SA on his SRNE ASF and there’s been some software improvements over time to help better integrate the unit. I am unsure of how friendly SA with the HYP units, I think it’s been done, I just don’t know how seamless it is
I don't know for certain but there should be no issues since the ASF is essentially 2 of the HYPs in the same box.
Just select SRNE for inverter type and enjoy.

I don't know for certain but there should be no issues since the ASF is essentially 2 of the HYPs in the same box.
Just select SRNE for inverter type and enjoy.
I had rj45 to rs232 cables, and then plugged rs232 to usb cables into to do rs485 to usb, lol. It did not work, and usb would not work either. I have rs485 to usb cables on the way. SA said it should work as they thought is was a srne made inverter, but did not know for sure.

I had rj45 to rs232 cables, and then plugged rs232 to usb cables into to do rs485 to usb, lol. It did not work, and usb would not work either. I have rs485 to usb cables on the way. SA said it should work as they thought is was a srne made inverter, but did not know for sure.
That's odd. I used an old usb printer cable for mine. I did change the serial number in the inverter menu settings, I'm not sure if that helped.
I did have to update to the latest beta when I hooked it up last fall.

That's odd. I used an old usb printer cable for mine. I did change the serial number in the inverter menu settings, I'm not sure if that helped.
I did have to update to the latest beta when I hooked it up last fall.
Did you try rs485 to usb? SA said I should try that first, they sounded pretty sure it would work.

1000012560.jpg

Now we are trying this when it comes in. The usb we tried was a random one he had laying around and that may be why the usb to usb did not work

Back