diy solar

diy solar

Sungrow SH5.0RS in standby mode?

Shane NZ

Hi

Just commissioned (first start up) Sungrow 5kw invertor with 16 jinko panels. no battery
It a pairs to be in standby mode (blue light flashes , should be solid blue, no codes present) no AC output
We havent connected wi-fi or any com's , (DC connected 280v today and AC)

have searched the manual but its not very helpfull for this problem.

does the invertor need to be connected to wi-fi to work?

Cheers for any Help

Hi

Just commissioned (first start up) Sungrow 5kw invertor with 16 jinko panels. no battery
It a pairs to be in standby mode (blue light flashes , should be solid blue, no codes present) no AC output
We havent connected wi-fi or any com's , (DC connected 280v today and AC)

have searched the manual but its not very helpfull for this problem.

does the invertor need to be connected to wi-fi to work?

Cheers for any Help

Is the inverter connected to grid?

Is the inverter connected to grid?
At this stage we don't have a import/export meter, but yes we are connected to the breaker board/fuse box.(grid)
When we flip the breaker on for the inverter, it powers up ok.

Then flip isolater for PV but don't get any output(AC)

I have tried the other way PV first to confirm the isolater is working and the inverter powers up same as it did with the AC side.

No fault codes

It is a hybrid inverter, we don't have a battery connected.

Maybe I need to till it theres no battery?

there are no control buttons on the unit.
20240115_075321.jpg

I didn't dig deep, but the way it read in the manual was that it needs a grid to operate without a battery.
Below 6.9:

The hybrid inverter is not connected to a battery and does not support off-grid operation functions.

To me this says it will not provide its own grid and must be connected to a grid and configured for export.

You commissioned it explicitly as indicated in 7.2?

Have you set it to your grid?

So I be leave the inverter needs to be told what country its in before it well go, to do this you need to download and register the iSolarCloud app, which is a nightmare , because you cant register with out a verifcation code which gets sent to the email you enter, but theres no way to get the code sent, there should be a "send code tab" in the app but there is not one on my register page.

I cant believe how something that should be easy is so difficult.....incredabley frustrating to say the least.

So I be leave the inverter needs to be told what country its in before it well go, to do this you need to download and register the iSolarCloud app, which is a nightmare , because you cant register with out a verifcation code which gets sent to the email you enter, but theres no way to get the code sent, there should be a "send code tab" in the app but there is not one on my register page.

I cant believe how something that should be easy is so difficult.....incredabley frustrating to say the least.

It does appear to need internet connection before the grid settings can be made.

So I found a youtube video that uses the app but not through the standard log in process, this did work for me and I managed to activate the inverter, my wi-fi is quite weak in the garage where the inverter is located so that did cause a few issues.
I put the YouTube link below if anyone else has a similar problem with a Sungrow unit.

I've had the system running a few days now, we got 43 kwh for the day which I thought was quite good for a 5kw inverter (6.8kw panels) 8 panel split one west and the other string east on a 12 degree roof. Normally in NZ we run them facing north if you can.

Thanks to Sunshine for your help.

Attachments

• 20240103_175010.jpg
    20240103_175010.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 1
Back