diy solar

diy solar

SunSynk L5.1 CAN communication

Akglogi

Hi,

I have received this inverter without communication cable so i should make one myself. In the battery manual it says CAN H on both 4 and 5 port. In the inverter manual it says CAN H in port 4 and CAN L in port 5.

Is that a mistake in battery manual? Should it be CAN H port 4 and CAN L part 5 or opposite? All the other ports i should leave empty?

Protocol should be 0?

How about RS485, it doesnt say which protocol should be used. I guess all ports are equal, just port 4 and 5 should be left empty on both sides?

PIC 1 is inverter manual, PIC 2 is battery L5.1 manual

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-23 211213.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 211213.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2024-03-23 211108.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 211108.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Protocol 0 , manual is correct.bms_port_split-aba788cab23e6f323a2ba62ad4158191.png

If you wish to use external monitoring ( which I would highly recommend, you will need to create a split cable).
What battery are you planning on using if I may ask

Ha , just noticed you're using sunsynk's own batteries.
By default they use Rs485 and you can use a straight cat 5e network cable

So for RS485 i can connect all ports 8 ports with the same color cable? But it doesn't say which protocol i should set in inverter settings if i use rs485. I can not find that information in manul of inverter or battery. Battery is L5.1 from sunsynk.

And for CAN i need to make two equal connectors, with port 4 to port 4 and port 5 to port 5 and set protocol 0?

You BMS and inverter will communicate over rs485, and the only thing you need is a "normal" network cable.
Use it and stop worrying about it

You BMS and inverter will communicate over rs485, and the only thing you need is a "normal" network cable.
Use it and stop worrying about it
But in the inverter i need to set the protocol number after i choose CAN or RS485, at the location i dont have internet connection so i would like to make sure i get everything right. Thanks, i will try it.

But in the inverter i need to set the protocol number after i choose CAN or RS485, at the location i dont have internet connection so i would like to make sure i get everything right. Thanks, i will try it.
For sunsynk batteries and invertors the default setting can be left alone.
Your installer would have known this

Back