diy solar

diy solar

Tap vs Breaker

Cmy

Running wire for new breaker panel in building where solar is going. Attached 200a panel connects directly to the meter through a disconnect. The lower right pair of breakers feed 100a to the shop/solar building.

A supply side taps with four double entry, four hole polaris using Hedges idea of stripping an inch of insulation and sliding the feed through back to its original lug. Best fit, two top and two at the bottom? Or do I need to add a separate box as done in another discussion?

This extends meter line and makes new shop panel another main and not secondary.

Or, pull the 100a breaker P EAST PANEL OPEN.jpgpair and replace with 200a feeding the shop. Shop gets a 175a or 225a main breaker to satisfy the 120% rule with either a Growatt's 48 amps or a Sol-Ark 15's 62.5. Reading about the rule some use the last panel and others the first panel

Last edited:
Local electrical supply company should have them

Or should be able to order them...

Ya know... ya didnt finish your sentence right?

Sorry tried to change mid thought and deleted while editing original post. Yes, more 150a and 200a available,

150A main as in 200x1.2=240-150=90a? That would work but you caught me trying to bring over as many amps as I could.

Or, the original questions, would a Siemens bolt on pass code in a Homeline? Or if lower cost used Sq D 225a $70 on Amazon, same or less on ebay, worth buying. $130 for a homeline 225, with a few breakers, plus the 225A amp main. 150a panel, with 150 main plus a few smaller for $209. Keep the existing 100a panel and have more amps than I can use.

Or, the original questions, would a Siemens bolt on pass code in a Homeline? Or if lower cost used Sq D 225a $70 on Amazon, same or less on ebay, worth buying. $130 for a homeline 225, with a few breakers, plus the 225A amp main. 150a panel, with 150 main plus a few smaller for $209. Keep the existing 100a panel and have more amps than I can use.
Unlikely.

Back