diy solar

diy solar

The BYDs from Batteryclearinghouse have arrived.

was using a dc to dc to balance each cell to 3.3 volts. Well the DC to DC stopped working!! so instead of it charging to 3.3 it decided to drain it to 1.06
i was shocked. it was cell 6. The sad part is I was so careful with these making sure even the charge was low,
Update: it was the power supply not the dc to dc , recharging the cell thirsty as hell.
Plus the support from battery clearing house was fantastic, Sunday night at 10pm support????. even if it was not their fault. .my crappy charger!! I will see if it holds the charge. I bought these batteries from batteryhookup,and get support from Batteryclearinghouse, go figure!!!!
Thanks again Guy,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200107-222036.png
    Screenshot_20200107-222036.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20200108-115917.png
    Screenshot_20200108-115917.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
That SUCKS!

don’t fret too bad about it, it might be an error. The pack of cells I was testing did similar, but I turned out to be bad spot welds on a plate... so, your cell might still be ok... fingers crossed?

You see the top half of a ten pen molex Micro-Fit 3.0 connector. The top half are the odd cells, 1-7, right to left, the bottom half are the even cells, 2-8, right to left.

The two empty spots on the left are not connected, those two go directly to the 24v case fan.

I used the connector on the left, it is a machine wire insert part, I had a very hard time getting the crimped wires installed.
View attachment 4699
The 3 parts on the right are these molex parts:

The molex parts:
https://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/1729531001_ACCESSORIES.xml
https://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/1729521001_CRIMP_HOUSINGS.xml
View attachment 4700View attachment 4701View attachment 4703
View attachment 4704

I just made 6 connectors in the time it took me to crimp 8 wires just now with the right parts!
View attachment 4706
I can’t wait to wire up my BMS! I just got notification they are delivered to my house... I will stop by there tomorrow afternoon and start playing!

Yikes Maxx! That blows. Definitely double check that with a voltmeter. What fine balancer provide you with this...turd?
Yikes Maxx! That blows. Definitely double check that with a voltmeter. What fine balancer provide you with this...turd?
wasn't using the balancer, only for updates, it worked great if i was charging it 24 volts for the batteryno proplem I was trickle charging each cell with a dc to dc . if you notice on the snap shot it was shut down wire disconnect warning. if that was a daly bms I would not have known at all

Last edited:
Hey Jason. I got the 3.0 connectors to hook to the BYD connector. And, I picked up a BG-8S to see what the cells were up to. As I was following your wiring description "Top and Bottom from the right" I decided to confirm what I was understanding your description to be and grabbed a Fluke to measure the actual pins directly. On 4 batteries I see nothing on any of the pins in any pattern. Across the main terminals I get 25+ volts so I'm no longer thinking they're all dead. Looking around it looks like there's a proprietary BMS under the covers? Is that what's blanking me from seeing anything on the pins? Did you do something else under the hood to get access to the cell voltages? Is it explained somewhere you can point me to?

Sounds like you still have the BYD BMS in there. Take it out.

Last edited:
Back