diy solar

diy solar

Tigo TS4-A-F and APsmart transmitter

PeR

I am searching for a rapid shutdown solution and found Tigo TS4-A-F modules interesting, but they require a transmitter, if not already implemented in the inverter. Unfortunately, it seems that Tigo transmitters are currently impossible to get in Europe (and only with enormous postage costs from US shops). Looking for alternatives, I found someone selling an APsmart transmitter. So, my question is, whether anyone has any expectations or experience whether they can work together. I just heard that Tigo and APsmart had some conflicts regrding these devices. Also Tigo devices are not listed as SunSpec certified while they require SunSpec standard on inverters to work without a transmitter. APsmart is SunSpec certified.
Thanks in advance for any information or expectation regarding the compatibility of these devices.

Sorry I can’t help. But interested in the topic. Not much discussion for tigo or other rapid shut down.

Please post if you get moe info.

I have just tried it and have to report that it works well. I made the test using a single 450W module with a Tigo TS4-A-F rapid shut down module and an APSmart transmitter. In the shut-down state it gave about 0.6V, while with the transmitter powered on it provided the full voltage and power. So, Tigo and APS can work with each other.

I have just tried it and have to report that it works well. I made the test using a single 450W module with a Tigo TS4-A-F rapid shut down module and an APSmart transmitter. In the shut-down state it gave about 0.6V, while with the transmitter powered on it provided the full voltage and power. So, Tigo and APS can work with each other.
You don't happen to know anything about what the signal looks like, do you?
I'm thinking it's probably a pulsed signal with a 1-second interval. (The TIGO specs show a 20% duty cycle on 1-second intervals.)
What I'm wondering is if it is any more complex than a sine wave repeated for 200mS every 1000mS - and what frequency they use?

I finally managed to check the signal induced in the core by an oscilloscope. The signal indeed repeats every ~1s, frequency modulated (~1kHz/~270Hz).

Attachments

• waveform2.jpg
    waveform2.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 9
Back