diy solar

diy solar

Victron A/C output #2. Who uses it?

drps10

Looking into Multiplus 2 and really like the idea of the AC output2. I could create yet another panel with Hotwater, dryer, pool heat pump …

I know it will kick off when you lose grid power which I like, but can you control it some? In theory, when SOC drops below xxx you have it kick into grid power and aloe Output1 to continue to draw from battery/solar. I would like to draw those high loads from solar/battery but only for a limited time if the sun is producing. Like in the winter, i wont have enough solar to provide for output 1 and 2, but in the summer I will.
I plan to provide enough solar to cover everything on output1 and have left over so I want to provide for the other high demands and not let solar go to waste. Then when solar is cloudy and SOC drops, back to grid hotwater tank.
Any thoughts?

Looking into Multiplus 2 and really like the idea of the AC output2. I could create yet another panel with Hotwater, dryer, pool heat pump …

I know it will kick off when you lose grid power which I like, but can you control it some? In theory, when SOC drops below xxx you have it kick into grid power and aloe Output1 to continue to draw from battery/solar.

AC Output 2 can be programmed. Note that it is simply a relay that joins AC output 2 with 1, and it has a lower current limit.

The programming to use/ignore grid power is separate. I know you can easily do that, and the best/most flexible way is to use the generator auto start/stop in the Cerbo.

It can be done with an assistant using two programmable relays, one for ON and the other for OFF:

1705186038472.png

AC Out 2 is OFF if no grid OR SoC < 80%.
AC Out 2 is ON if grid present OR SoC > 80%.

Not sure if that would work exactly as you want, and the order matters.

Thank you! This helps me wrap my head around it! I don't have this system yet, just trying to design what I want before I purchase and hang it on the wall.

Back