diy solar

diy solar

Victron Multiplus II: How to Fuse Parallel DC cable to Battery

paticus

I am using a Lynx Distribution Module to connect my MultiPlus II 12/3000 Inverter/Charger to the Battery Bank.

It's a 12v Inverter, so it calls for a 400amp fuse, and dual 2/0 cables to keep flexibility manageable.

I'm not sure the proper way to fuse the dual connections. In my diagram, I think I've outlined the two best options. Which (if either) are correct?

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 3.46.36 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-06 at 3.48.14 PM.png

If one fuse pops (because of variance), that means I am drawing very close to 400 amps. So if one fuse is out of the circut, everything will go to the second circuit, and will pop that one right away because it's way above the 200 amps.

I figure this way both lines are protected.

Versus the bus bar, if one of those connections is compromised/disconnected, you will have potentially full amps running through one of the wires. And that fuse is designed to protect the larger gauge wire.

Or am I off on this?

If one fuse pops (because of variance), that means I am drawing very close to 400 amps. So if one fuse is out of the circut, everything will go to the second circuit, and will pop that one right away because it's way above the 200 amps.

I figure this way both lines are protected.

Versus the bus bar, if one of those connections is compromised/disconnected, you will have potentially full amps running through one of the wires. And that fuse is designed to protect the larger gauge wire.

Or am I off on this?
Your probably right.... I have seen mega fuses exceed their pop rating by 50%. If you had two such fuses... 600 amps. Id use a circuit breaker.

Back