diy solar

diy solar

What was your most interesting recent non solar project?

I installed two more outdoor water spigots in convenient places, and still have two more to do.

When we had the house replumbed, I had all the outdoor water spigots put on their own separate circuit which can be turned off, and a valve + compressed air connection installed for blowing out the lines. Winterizing the outdoor plumbing now takes about five minutes.

Simpler to just install the freeze proof spigots all around. Or they have a hydrant for the middle of the yard.

The plumber and I looked at that at the time the work was done, and I don't remember why we didn't go that route. Not much cost difference.

The only drawback to them is you need enough depth in the wall or backside depending on temperature. I have them in two place, one is into the joists between floors and the other is one I installed and it goes completly through the 6" wall and back of the bathroom cabinet.

I grabbed water by going through the floor to the utility room and get a 3/4" line to fill the hottub quicker.

Finally finishing my 8 channel amp for my Cinema. Have been left in limbo for some time.
Got to get it working.

View attachment 212403
Looking good. I have one of these:

Quite boring by comparison to some of the really cool things that many others are doing but still it is my most interesting recent non solar project. (man, I need some new hobbies...)

We have an older commercial opener on our 12'x12' (yes it's that big) garage door and it refuses to pair with any of our vehicles so I just gave up and paralleled the momentary wall switch with this wireless relay. Dang this thing is impressive! Easy to set up and now we can open our garage door from the driveway entrance which is about 100 yards away from the "shouse".

1714522862876.png

I got an old wood-stove free for picking it up, and bought some black stove pipe.
Hooked it up and got some HEAT into my Greenhouse since it is still below freezing at night where I live...in the North-woods.

Now if there was only some easy way to trade my problem with @BKY2003 's we could both be better off!!

Quite boring by comparison to some of the really cool things that many others are doing but still it is my most interesting recent non solar project. (man, I need some new hobbies...)

We have an older commercial opener on our 12'x12' (yes it's that big) garage door and it refuses to pair with any of our vehicles so I just gave up and paralleled the momentary wall switch with this wireless relay. Dang this thing is impressive! Easy to set up and now we can open our garage door from the driveway entrance which is about 100 yards away from the "shouse".

View attachment 212540
I used these to replace ignition keys on two tractors so I have remote start. It's handy when it's 3f outside, I can prime the glow plugs, then start the tractor, then turn the ignition on, and it'll warm up before I go out and blow snow.

Back