diy solar

diy solar

Why not parallel 2X 10KW Inverters?

What inverters under $5000 can blend? I can think of Rosie and Victrons. Which aren’t exactly price-performance competitive with 18kpv nor SolArk
Can the 8k and 12k sol-ark units? I don’t know a ton about them but it seems the 12kw at least was pretty feature rich. It too may be teetering on that price line though too idk

What inverters under $5000 can blend? I can think of Rosie and Victrons. Which aren’t exactly price-performance competitive with 18kpv nor SolArk
Yeah I get that now, it's not blending on the lower end unit just switching automatically when needed to one or the other. But still, is it worth thousands more to blend vs switch??? I'll have to weight that one out.

SPH10K48SP

I just got mine about two weeks ago.... Temporary installation as I test everything out....but getting closer to doing a 'real' install. ;)

Yeah I get that now, it's not blending on the lower end unit just switching automatically when needed to one or the other. But still, is it worth thousands more to blend vs switch??? I'll have to weight that one out.
This is a fair point, you could just oversize your inverter stack and batteries with the extra money. $6000 of inverters and 30kWh of batteries can supply 24kW

Though that does come at the cost of extra idle consumption.

Here's what I've done to reduce my grid usage since December. I was using a TP6048, I've been running the SRNE for a little over 2 months.
I have no interest in blending. This is all a trial to fulfill my goal of living sustainably 'off the grid' with no connections to public electric water or sewer.
The numbers and charts below speak for themselves.
I'm well below 15k all in for both inverters, ~38kwh of lifepo4 diy batteries, ~9.3kw of panels, mounting hardware, some new tools, wire, lugs, etc.
IMG_20231110_201924__01.jpg

Cool. Are you going to size batteries, generators, and solar to go truly off grid, or leave the grid there for low production days?

Presumably everything except the inverters will stay in the final config?

Yes; based on what I've learned so far I'm planning for 75kwh of batteries, 20kw of panels (12kw S, 6 W and 2 E) I already have 2 gas generators but I want to pick up a diesel or PTO generator for the tractor.
I have zero plans for any grid support, power outages in my current area are what started this addiction in the first place...

The batteries will definitely stay and be expanded, the Q Cells will likely stay but I might sell them off and buy larger. The SRNE will become a backup and I'll sell the TP6048.

Here's what I've done to reduce my grid usage since December. I was using a TP6048, I've been running the SRNE for a little over 2 months.
I have no interest in blending. This is all a trial to fulfill my goal of living sustainably 'off the grid' with no connections to public electric water or sewer.
The numbers and charts below speak for themselves.
I'm well below 15k all in for both inverters, ~38kwh of lifepo4 diy batteries, ~9.3kw of panels, mounting hardware, some new tools, wire, lugs, etc.
View attachment 177089
Excellent!

Back