diy solar

diy solar

WiFi controlled ATS

ice57

Looking to automate the transfer switch on my HVAC unit so I can schedule Grid x Solar transfers. Currently using a Reliance Controls 100A manual transfer switch, but would like to find and install one that can be scheduled and / or triggered based on events (such as battery SOC too low, or nighttime A/C usage). I'm looking at the Yister ATS W2R DIN rail mounted switch with WiFi control. Does anyone have any experience with this particular switch, other similar switches, or any other suggestions on ways to automate the HVAC?

Looking to automate the transfer switch on my HVAC unit so I can schedule Grid x Solar transfers. Currently using a Reliance Controls 100A manual transfer switch, but would like to find and install one that can be scheduled and / or triggered based on events (such as battery SOC too low, or nighttime A/C usage). I'm looking at the Yister ATS W2R DIN rail mounted switch with WiFi control. Does anyone have any experience with this particular switch, other similar switches, or any other suggestions on ways to automate the HVAC?
Have you tried this switch?

Have you tried this switch?
Yes, I have it installed. Had problems getting the WiFi smart switch supplied by Yister with their ATS to connect to the app (Smart Life) so I replaced it with another brand with equal functionality. The ATS works as advertised. I’ve ordered a 3P version as I am about to undertake a project to isolate the neutrals between the inverters and grid. If you’re thinking about installing one of these, caution on the “automatic” mode: if the inverters can’t hold up the voltage while your A/C kicks on, the ATS will rapidly switch back and forth between inverter and grid to cause a sort of flutter on your power to the HVAC unit.

Any update on the success of this? I’m about to do something similar and looking for a WiFi are to move my HVACs to my solar inverters.

Back