diy solar

diy solar

$100 off coupon codes: GoKWh 12.8V 200Ah & 25.6V 100Ah Smart LiFePO at Batteryfinds.com

[Au]Ray

Just wanted to share these $100 off coupon codes for the 12.8V 200Ah GoKWh LiFePO batteries that they have listed at batteryfinds.com right now (a 24V 100Ah model is also discounted at the same rate, with a different coupon code, along with $60 off of the 12V 100Ah). These batteries are in the "China stock" section of their site, and consequently I imagine will take some time to arrive.

The 12.8V 100Ah variation of this battery was recently reviewed, thoroughly, by sunshine_eggo, and reported the following:

The cells are Grade A BYD cells conforming to the above. The BMS is also JBD
EDIT: the above are only claims made by the manufacturer, and this detail is not yet substantiated.

Conclusion:
If I were in the market for an inexpensive 12.8V 100Ah battery without low temp charge protection, this would be on my list for consideration.

The full review can be found here:

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/12-8v-100ah-gokwh-review.81497/

Coupon codes:

$60 off 12.8V 100Ah coupon code:$100 off 12.8V 200Ah coupon code:$100 off 25.6V 100Ah coupon code:
GW12100BTLCDGW12200BTLCDGW24100BTLCD
12v 100ah.pngScreen Shot 2024-05-18 at 6.26.27 PM.png24v 100ah.png

I read through the thread above, and could find no mention of the larger batteries, or coupon codes, so I'm sharing those here. I only happened to stumble across these discount codes while searching for something else on that site; and so I put a few of these in my cart and applied the coupon code, just to see if it was legit...and it did in fact incorporate that discount! I am currently ordering some raw 230Ah cells to make an 8s2p 25.6V battery pack myself, but I can't help but think if I wasn't doing that, these with BYD cells, a JBD BMS, and a $100 discount would be a feasible option for my application.

[P.S. If this thread would be more appropriate as a reply to the initial review, I'd be happy to put them over there.]

Attachments

• 12v 100ah.png
    12v 100ah.png
    745.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The 12.8V 100Ah variation of this battery was recently reviewed, thoroughly, by sunshine_eggo, and reported the following:

Easy now. I reported the manufacturer claims, not the truth of them. I did not confirm any of it.

The BMS sure looks like a JBD, but it's not labeled thusly.

I was looking at getting two of the 24V 100Ah batteries for series 48V for $798 after coupon, but decided to pony up the extra and try their rack mount with display and battery comms for $885:

Easy now. I reported the manufacturer claims, not the truth of them. I did not confirm any of it.

The BMS sure looks like a JBD, but it's not labeled thusly.
You're right, my mistake. I've corrected it. I noticed that it wasn't labeled as JBD, and was even zooming in and rotating that image around to get a better view of the label. They're definitely similar in appearance but I'm not certain they're identical. I've been looking through a lot of their BMS trying to decide which would be best for the pack I'm building. It seems many of the popular models share the same components and design; JK/Heltec, JBD/Overkill, Hi/Daly, Ant and QUCC also fit in there somewhere I'm guessing. With a 440Ah 25.6V battery and a Victron Multiplus 24/2000/50, any of those in the 200-250A range would fit the bill no?

I've learned a lot about these companies lately: logging into AliEx and collecting the day's ration of toy coins, then spending 3 hours looking at the same 6 or 7 models of BMS, sold by innumerable and then putting them all in my cart so I can see which one is $2 cheaper When the Chinese employ a multi-branding strategy for a product, they really hold no punches it seems. I'm really just waiting for Kirkland Signature to step in the game with a rebadged Orion Jr and level the playing field a bit.

You're right, my mistake. I've corrected it. I noticed that it wasn't labeled as JBD, and was even zooming in and rotating that image around to get a better view of the label. They're definitely similar in appearance but I'm not certain they're identical. I've been looking through a lot of their BMS trying to decide which would be best for the pack I'm building. It seems many of the popular models share the same components and design; JK/Heltec, JBD/Overkill, Hi/Daly, Ant and QUCC also fit in there somewhere I'm guessing. With a 440Ah 25.6V battery and a Victron Multiplus 24/2000/50, any of those in the 200-250A range would fit the bill no?

I've learned a lot about these companies lately: logging into AliEx and collecting the day's ration of toy coins, then spending 3 hours looking at the same 6 or 7 models of BMS, sold by innumerable and then putting them all in my cart so I can see which one is $2 cheaper When the Chinese employ a multi-branding strategy for a product, they really hold no punches it seems. I'm really just waiting for Kirkland Signature to step in the game with a rebadged Orion Jr and level the playing field a bit.
For jk BMS I used the hankzor store on ali which I believe is/was their official sales outlet, selling the non inverter 200A 2A BMS for around $100.

I was looking at getting two of the 24V 100Ah batteries for series 48V for $798 after coupon, but decided to pony up the extra and try their rack mount with display and battery comms for $885:
I would've made the same decision were I not confined to a 24V system at the moment. Plus I have some spare time to kill for the next few weeks, I've worked myself out of work apparently 😭 The accessibility of the 51.2V in terms of future repairs and/or expansion (hopefully more of the latter), plus the server rack form factor make it a much more desirable package in my opinion. Let us know how it does.

For jk BMS I used the hankzor store on ali which I believe is/was their official sales outlet, selling the non inverter 200A 2A BMS for around $100.
You recommend the JK too? It does seem to be one of the favored lines. I like the Overkill units, but I've been hearing that the uncharge boils down mostly to a better app, with a smoother UI. I'll probably be pulling the trigger on one over the next day or three.

I would've made the same decision were I not confined to a 24V system at the moment. Plus I have some spare time to kill for the next few weeks, I've worked myself out of work apparently 😭 The accessibility of the 51.2V in terms of future repairs and/or expansion (hopefully more of the latter), plus the server rack form factor make it a much more desirable package in my opinion. Let us know how it does.

You recommend the JK too? It does seem to be one of the favored lines. I like the Overkill units, but I've been hearing that the uncharge boils down mostly to a better app, with a smoother UI. I'll probably be pulling the trigger on one over the next day or three.
Will do, this will be my first "big boy" rack mount style with comms, my current system is a bunch of 24 and 12s in series along with an ecoworthy 48V 50Ah pizza box style. I did see they also have a 14kWh version for under $2k...no UL approval for CA probably but $1300-$1500 less than an eg4 internal power wall?

I have two of the jks but still in boxes waiting for cell prices to hit bottom. Didn't want to risk going with the constantly in development smart inverter comms version while it was still baking.

Will do, this will be my first "big boy" rack mount style with comms, my current system is a bunch of 24 and 12s in series along with an ecoworthy 48V 50Ah pizza box style. I did see they also have a 14kWh version for under $2k...no UL approval for CA probably but $1300-$1500 less than an eg4 internal power wall?

I have two of the jks but still in boxes waiting for cell prices to hit bottom. Didn't want to risk going with the constantly in development smart inverter comms version while it was still baking.
It’s exciting isn’t it? I’m glad I didn’t upgrade last year. I just read an article that was talking about how quickly the prices of raw lithium are expected to drop (and with it the prices of Li-based batteries) by the end of 2024.

BTW, the order I placed w Batteryfinds was:
(16x) 228Ah CATL cells @ $74 a piece.
Free shipping.
$20 off coupon code.
$1164 to my doorstep in WA.

That’s gonna be a 456Ah 25.6V battery in 8s2p config for ~11.7kWh of Shenzhen Super Juice ⚡ BatteryHookup has the 230Ah CALB cells, with a much more robust terminal post, and 50 cent less per cell ($73.50/ea) but shipping isn’t included in that price. I’m considering grabbing 4 of those as well just to make a little portable 12V all-in-one w/ USB-C PD ports, 120VAC outputs, and maybe a cheap little 5” TFT touchscreen to display output, SOC, etc.

IMG_6454.jpeg
This is the BMS you mention? This one below I know is the inverter BMS, would this potentially be better in a scenario where extended periods cold weather would be a significant issue to take into account? I appreciate whatever insight you have to offer, thanks in advance!
IMG_6450.jpeg

It’s exciting isn’t it? I’m glad I didn’t upgrade last year. I just read an article that was talking about how quickly the prices of raw lithium are expected to drop (and with it the prices of Li-based batteries) by the end of 2024.

BTW, the order I placed w Batteryfinds was:
(16x) 228Ah CATL cells @ $74 a piece.
Free shipping.
$20 off coupon code.
$1164 to my doorstep in WA.

That’s gonna be a 456Ah 25.6V battery in 8s2p config for ~11.7kWh of Shenzhen Super Juice ⚡ BatteryHookup has the 230Ah CALB cells, with a much more robust terminal post, and 50 cent less per cell ($73.50/ea) but shipping isn’t included in that price. I’m considering grabbing 4 of those as well just to make a little portable 12V all-in-one w/ USB-C PD ports, 120VAC outputs, and maybe a cheap little 5” TFT touchscreen to display output, SOC, etc.

View attachment 216275
This is the BMS you mention? This one below I know is the inverter BMS, would this potentially be better in a scenario where extended periods cold weather would be a significant issue to take into account? I appreciate whatever insight you have to offer, thanks in advance!
View attachment 216276
The price delta from the "old" non inverter version to "smart inverter" version isn't too much, but I'd rather stick with the more widely used one that's had all the gremlins worked out over the years.

Also I wasn't expecting the battery for a couple months but might be coming out of CA? Just the label so far.

Screenshot_20240527_044535_Chrome.jpg

Back