diy solar

diy solar

Not a complaint, but a request.

I wouldn't consider that option.
It takes away the open conversations.
It would turn threads into dictation.

Well it would take away the open conversation if abused. Do you think most folks interested in posting a build thread would eliminate all conversation?

The folks that would abuse it could be reduced to lower group level that doesn't have that permission. Assuming it is done by access group or permission level.

Are the rails bonded to ground, do they break the arc if short circuited ?

I think we need @timselectric to weigh in if the ground is involved. If they were blue then we would need @sunshine_eggo if they were monitored with a batrium @Zwy and if it involves a electromagnetic field @Hedges .

Nothing is real, nothihg is real.

All rails are grounded, except for the 3rd rail of a 3 rail system.
And yes, I have grounded railway systems.

)
Adding a build when done to the resource section somehow is the only way I can see an easy fix for it.
“when done” is the operative words…. Is that really ever achieved in most cases..
That’s a tough goal…but possible…

Good luck cleaning your build thread up. You and sunshine_eggo are the only 2 contributors I always read. Always on point and brief.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the moderators will start throttling all the useless comments. The banner Will put up several months ago didn't help at all.

Attachments

• Stay On Subject.jpg
    Stay On Subject.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6
I think it would be cool for an OP to INSERT new posts before others at the beginning of the thread.
I've seen some people use the old "reserved" post for their second post in the thread. This was done frequently 20 years ago on forums before editing and unlimited post length was the norm (or at least less restricted post length)
If editing wasn't allowed, you could draft up a post and have a mod/admin insert it in that second post. Otherwise it was used when your first post ran out of length from editing in so much info

There's probably not a simple solution.
If that turns out to be the case.
I'll just make a new build thread, when my system is complete. (Assuming that ever happens)
And re label the first one.
sounds good, then link to the old thread so people can see the history!

Good luck cleaning your build thread up. You and sunshine_eggo are the only 2 contributors I always read. Always on point and brief.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the moderators will start throttling all the useless comments. The banner Will put up several months ago didn't help at all.
part of having a community is the useless comments and useless banter. its the building of online friendships that allows for people to push and prod others and sometimes pull them up to a higher level...

one would do well to realize that.

I like the idea of a button to view the build only. But, if there was a way for the OP or to check a box and mark a post as banter/irrelevant then the person could view all or view only relevant.

And if the OP could insert posts near the top it might keep things more concise.

As is now seems like the simplest solution would be for build threads tomstart with 2 posts. First is a summary and description along with the first build post. Second post to be edited as things go along with links to the next stages of a build. That way someone could skip the banter as it happens.

A bit of a pita but I don't know how flexible the software is.

I have some drift posts in my thread, but I also enjoy those who post info I am seeking or don't know about, as they comment on my mistakes, etc. And yes, my build thread is going on and on and on....yet I am polishing it over time as ideas and solutions come

Back