diy solar

diy solar

Solar heating hack for an Intex SPA hot tub.

rin67630

Solar Enthusiast
Here is an easy heck to add solar heating to an Intex SPA.
It does not need any pump, but just derives a part of the filter water stream into a loop of electrical corrugated conduit that runs through a greenhouse box.
(n.b. the photographs are old ones of the first version using an irrigation hose)
Solar heating hack
Enjoy!

Here is an easy heck to add solar heating to an Intex SPA.
It does not need any pump, but just derives a part of the filter water stream into a loop of electrical corrugated conduit that runs through a greenhouse box.
(n.b. the photographs are old ones of the first version using an irrigation hose)
Solar heating hack
Enjoy!
I would like to connect my Intex SPA to solar heating and while searching the solution, I found your post. However, the link is not valid anymore. Could you, please, share it again? I have a solar heating mat for pools with standard pool hoses, but I have not made up how to connect it to Intex spa (without leakage :)).

I would like to connect my Intex SPA to solar heating and while searching the solution, I found your post. However, the link is not valid anymore. Could you, please, share it again? I have a solar heating mat for pools with standard pool hoses, but I have not made up how to connect it to Intex spa (without leakage :)).

Oh I just have seen that my underwater vacuum cleaner description needs a revision.
I now filter before the pump and am using a metallic scourer as a filter. It is astonishly efficient and cleans very well. after the cleaning, just rince the scourer under your water tap.
1716039652785.png

Attachments

• Hack Solar Heater for INTEX spa.pdf
    875.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I used something similar for small plastic pool, slightly bigger than your SPA. The water got nice and toasty but I could never get rid of the algae. All the flow went through an oversized sand filter and tried every chemical/pH thing I could get my hands on. Even after a complete water change and clean, it did the same once the water reached a constant 30C.

Back