diy solar

diy solar

Taico battery with growatt inverter

Thank you Aricio very interesting and informative video but in my case I am trying to set the communication between 2 Taico 5kWh batteries and SPF5000-ES Growatt inverter ( in this case you might need to change something in the manufacturer parameter to be able to establish this connection.

Any Help would be much appreciated!!

You may use can bus with pylontech protocol. I am not familiar with growatt inverters. You need the bms software to choose the can or rs485 protocol and there is a drop down list to choose battery manufacturer. This parasite company uses pylontech protocol.

I recently bought some Junlee Lifepo4's. Now I am trying to connect my laptop to their BMS with TOPBMS 6.1 and USB to RS232 cable. But I'm not getting any response from BMS. "Error 175-no response". Any idea what could be wrong?
try to put all DIP switches to OFF position

When you say almost, it is not very clear what you mean. They certainly sell defective POUCH type batteries, no quality control and no warranty. 1 out of 300 is too much if you ask me; how about 7 out of 8. ALMOST all were defective. See the video please:

Just to provide balance view about Taico, I would like to share my experience. I bought 4 units Taico LiFePO4 100AH 48V battery from Alibaba about 26 months ago. It works fine with my Epever UP-5000 Hybrid Inverter without any problem for last 24 months until someday big lightning strike hit my system that cause damage on inverter and 2 of my Taico battery totally dead.

Unfortunatey, the 2 years warranty already expired and I don't expect warranty coverage since it was striked by lightning. I open the battery units to see what happen, and found out the cells seems working fine, but the BMS was totally dead. I dismantle the BMS card, and google seach by picture to find just in case there is some supplier where I can buy. Yes, I finally found one in Alibaba, it's made by Sylcin and right away I just bought 2 units and then 2 weeks later the units arrive in my home in Jakarta.

Then I contacted Taico, to seek the support and tips on how to replace the BMS. I told all my story and they asked me to make a video while checking the battery to show that the BMS is really fauty. I asked them if I can buy possible faulty component for my BMS. Well they take is serously and said, yes the BMS is faulty and we will send a new one. And they are not jooking, 2 weeks later I received 2 units of brand new entire BMS card from Taico, without paying any single dollar, not even the shipping cost. They also send me BMS Monitoring software, so I can modify the BMS protocol to match with my new Growatt ES-6000 hybrid inverter.

I hope this sharing is usefull. I am just ordinary buyer, Taico never asked me to make such video. It's purely my initiative just to share to good side of their customer service.

Just to provide balance view about Taico, I would like to share my experience. I bought 4 units Taico LiFePO4 100AH 48V battery from Alibaba about 26 months ago. It works fine with my Epever UP-5000 Hybrid Inverter without any problem for last 24 months until someday big lightning strike hit my system that cause damage on inverter and 2 of my Taico battery totally dead.

Unfortunatey, the 2 years warranty already expired and I don't expect warranty coverage since it was striked by lightning. I open the battery units to see what happen, and found out the cells seems working fine, but the BMS was totally dead. I dismantle the BMS card, and google seach by picture to find just in case there is some supplier where I can buy. Yes, I finally found one in Alibaba, it's made by Sylcin and right away I just bought 2 units and then 2 weeks later the units arrive in my home in Jakarta.

Then I contacted Taico, to seek the support and tips on how to replace the BMS. I told all my story and they asked me to make a video while checking the battery to show that the BMS is really fauty. I asked them if I can buy possible faulty component for my BMS. Well they take is serously and said, yes the BMS is faulty and we will send a new one. And they are not jooking, 2 weeks later I received 2 units of brand new entire BMS card from Taico, without paying any single dollar, not even the shipping cost. They also send me BMS Monitoring software, so I can modify the BMS protocol to match with my new Growatt ES-6000 hybrid inverter.

I hope this sharing is usefull. I am just ordinary buyer, Taico never asked me to make such video. It's purely my initiative just to share to good side of their customer service.

So you are saying when lightening strikes they help! First of all; they sent me faulty batteries. Second of all; nobody wants to open and repair “so called” brand new batteries. Most people do not have expertise OR motivation to do that. Pouch batteries are not like hard cased batteries and almost impossible to repair them at home environnent. Third of all; they offered me discount for my next purchase. Why would i purchase them AGAIN. Do you think this is a fair approach. The good customer service would be either full refund including shipping customs etc or sending new ones without any charges to the customer. I think they just think short term and they do not count on power of social media. I am very sure they lost more customers then the replacing cost of the defective ones. Believe me, people read these and watch videos. One bad comment or video means tens of thousands of dollars for companies like these.

Watch this one and see how they manage their customers.

Back