diy solar

diy solar

150 ft 20 amp copper 2 wire..

I did, 12 AWG.
You ran a cost comparison with 2 gauge MHF vs. 12awg THWN didnt you?
UF comes in 250 foot rolls, you can not buy a roll of 150 feet. It jumps from 100 feet to 250 feet.
No. Any electrical supply company sells by the foot. Dont go to home depot for wire.
You must use math the way the White House does on the budget.

Cost of original 150 feet with conduit: $212.38

Add another 500 roll of THWN $104.00

$212.38 + $104.00 = $316.38
I did but minus the conduit because its needed for both wire types. Plus above ground routing will be different for everyone so not worth comparing above ground condiut.
I'll take every 250 foot roll of UF 12-2 you are buying for $105.
Its 0.70/ft online, only buy what you need. Or here in Michigan you can go get it at Standard Electric Co. for comparable price per foot.
Screenshot_20240508-182552_Chrome.jpg

You ran a cost comparison with 2 gauge MHF vs. 12awg THWN didnt you?

Next post was a 250 foot roll of UF 12-2.
No. Any electrical supply company sells by the foot. Dont go to home depot for wire.

It costs more per foot when buying by the foot. I know from experience. Most people will go to the big box store and buy it there.

I did but minus the conduit because its needed for both wire types. Plus above ground routing will be different for everyone so not worth comparing above ground condiut.

I figure 10 feet, comes in 10 foot lengths and covers the requirement of having anything above ground encased. After that it would depend on the situation.

It has to be figured in the total as different wire will require different size conduit which affects the price.

Its 0.70/ft online, only buy what you need. Or here in Michigan you can go get it at Standard Electric Co. for comparable price per foot.
View attachment 214148
To Michigan and back would cost me a bit for fuel. :ROFLMAO:

It costs more per foot when buying by the foot. I know from experience. Most people will go to the big box store and buy it there.
No it doesn't. You posted $259 for 250ft at home depot, Thats $1.03 per ft.
You can order it online for $0.70 per ft and only get the lenght you need. You pay more at Home depot.

Home depot needs to be verified each time, some times they are good other times they are not. Locations vary the price quite a bit too.
To Michigan and back would cost me a bit for fuel. :ROFLMAO:
There are electric suppliers all over, that was just an example. Surely you have something similar to work with.
Otherwise check out: https://wirewireelectricsupply.com/product-category/uf-b-underground-feeder-burial-wire/
They have free shipping for orders over $100 and sell in 5ft increments for custom lengths

Back