diy solar

diy solar

150a sunsynk battery breaker to high for 100a cable & 100a battery?

Fingers

battery-confuration.pngbattery-confuration2.png
The 5kw Sunsynk inverter manual states battery cable must be AWG2 35mm2, but the connectors on the Sunsynk battery are for AWG4 25mm2 cables, ok it is what it is.
AWG4 25mm2 cable connector is 100a max so it would be prudent to wire it as per the picture on the right.

The manual states 150a breaker - fuse, but as the batteries max charge rate is 100a shouldn't I use two 100a breakers? After all what is 150a breaker going to protect? Not the battery or the cable.

The inverters max charge rate is 120a, but I'll stick to the recommended 50a; but shouldn't the inverter be set for 100a as there are two batteries, giving 50a to each battery? Or am I over thinking this, and the inverter takes care of all that if set at 50a? I've not had chance to investigate the menu system yet.

I'm sorry to keep asking stupid questions but it's expensive kit, and sunsynk instructions contradict them selves. And sunsynk don't reply with any usable information, if at all.

Last edited:
I have figured it out, just use 3 or 4 cable sets. This works out expensive but it will work with the 150A breaker - fuse.
X2.pngX4.png
Stockists in the uk are sold out of the connectors until the end of the year; £14+each, or Aliexpress £20+.
As I have found some non Sunsynk inverter cable sets cheaper than the connectors above, I'm going with 4 cable sets as I do not trust the tolerances of the connectors or cables; also 100a breakers & fuses. Bye bye resistance, which is something that was mentioned quite a lot a few years ago. Oddly, not so much these days.
Ok, sorted.

Last edited:
Back