diy solar

diy solar

2023-08-16 Solar Assistant update. But take note.

Skypower

Solar Wizard
Lost inverter temperature data on Votronic inverter MPP LV6548.
If this is important to you (ME!) don’t update!
Edit see below

Last edited:
Lost inverter temperature data on Votronic inverter MPP LV6548.
If this is important to you (ME!) don’t update!
Edit; another reboot made it work again. So once it does the update reboot, wait a few minutes and reboot again. However the inverter temp history is gone from one inverter but it is now recording both.

What’s immediately different for my system from dashboard in. Highest average and lowest cells from JK bms, inverter MPP details and grid details

IMG_0933.pngIMG_0934.pngIMG_0935.png

Last edited:
The update freaked me out for a bit, too.
SOC and total capacity used for calculations was way off. Found the new settings in the advanced page.
All is well , now.

Don't like the new section for PV, on the inverter information page. But, I guess that I will get used to it.
Wish that I could remove MPPT #2 from all pages.

Seems for multiple MPPT setups, those that are paralleled (Growatt), the MPPT acts as a single unit. Would be nice if SA would take that into consideration for displayed info option. i.e. View a single MPPT output. Allow users to custom define what info is displayed.

I could have sworn that I had two DC buss voltage traces. Now I have one. Just rebooted for the third time but it’s still the same one buss voltage and the history for one inverter tem is gone. I’m wondering if my memory card is on the way out?

I often wonder about memory card read/write cycles on our SA units. Even though mine is only at 8% usage.
I still really enjoy SA info on our systems.
Mine died a year ago and replaced it with a higher quality. Now they have high abuse types. Now if I can just figure out how to use the new memory transfer feature I may just do it. Not a computer guru

Mine died a year ago and replaced it with a higher quality. Now they have high abuse types. Now if I can just figure out how to use the new memory transfer feature I may just do it. Not a computer guru
I'm assuming you are referring to Backup/Restore (Upload from Backup). I would think its just a data transfer of the SA from one to another.

I'm assuming you are referring to Backup/Restore (Upload from Backup). I would think its just a data transfer of the SA from one to another.
Yes that’s it. I’m not beta tester. I’ll wait for clarification on use. Must be common sense stuff to others. Something about downloading another program to to facilitate and I’m like to what, to where. I have another whole pi/Solar Assistant that I can swap in for system visualization, I don’t like being blind. But of course there’s no data on that.

Lol, I am a "Computer guy" but I know my limits. So many things, "Oh yea, thats easy. Click, click, click. Oh Crap my system just crashed".
Most of us get addicted to the realtime SA data. Always on 24/7.

Lol, I am a "Computer guy" but I know my limits. So many things, "Oh yea, thats easy. Click, click, click. Oh Crap my system just crashed".
Now that just makes me so comfortable ?
So just imagine what I can do.

Every time I see something that says there’s an update available, I think of the times it messed it royally. My finger hesitates and my right brain says it ain’t broken don’t fix it, but my stupid half lets the finger fall.

I'm downloading the image to a new SD card, right now. (Not a computer guy)
Luckily, my son is here to say "click this, click that" . lol
I’ve got three apprentices that I watch over. It’s a lot faster if I show them how to do something, however if talk them through it and they physically do it, I probably won’t have to show them again. When we crash something, it’s a real physical crash. Last week one of them crashed a machine. It was loud and sparky. He was all shook up and the whole shop was looking at him. I walked over with a smile and said “Hey you’re a little late for the forth of July”. “Don’t worry about it, it happens, let’s fix it, but go take a break first”.

Back