diy solar

diy solar

207kWh System... In 12V??? 😬

no one have talking about the structure to yeild and fail, I dont think that anyone can have taken my first recommendation as if it was close to fall apart, in all construction you have a recommended amount of mm per meter that you can allow the structure to move as I'm sure you know. And I don't remember what I said but I think it was L/500 so if you just would have looked at that comment you maybe even wouldn't have started to complain about my recomendation.
Well, do you need reminder?
This is a really neat setup, especially with bifacial for the sonw to beam in from all angles. But if we calculate with a large sized panel of 1300x2400 it will be an insane power at the shaft/Beam If the beam is mounted in strongest direction perpendicular to the panels and the force will be around 100-120kg/sqm. You are looking at a single HEB 600 to manage the wind force with tolerance and without any plastic deformation. What beam is it right now? I have been thinking of building a 10m long fence with bifacial pointing east/west to get some moringin evening power and also extra power during winter when beaming from snow, but I think this is a better idea, with a tower. But the vertical beam need to be very powerful as shown above.

Hi, Im not sure about your background but I am a mechanical engineer and have constructed all kind random products for a profession. I'm sorry to say but a HEB600 by itself would never ever be used for a tall bridge You usually have either massive towers with wires helping with the support between towers or you use a structure below road surface so the total thickness of the surface below the car is way more than 600mm. I dont have Inventor on this Computer so I didnt do a FEM analysis myself, Ijust calculated with E module as 2.1x10^5 which is common for normal steel and used Eulers case with 1 fixed point and the second free hanging. If you show me your calculation I guess we can see where it has been wrong. But the whole area of the thing blowing with a pressure of +110kg/sqm will be 2.4x2x6x110 = 3200kg and to simplify you can put that as one force on middle of beam = 3m up on the beam. And you can load it some more before plastic deformation occur but not much and the HEB 500 will not handle the +3000kg load. Can you show your calculation and we can compare?

Ok, enough of beating this dead horse for me.

Well, do you need reminder?

Ok, enough of beating this dead horse for me.
Exactly, Can you imagine if I would have written WITH PLASTIC DEFORMATION. And not Only that but Til it layed flat on the ground as it seems as your extreme over stress in the beam will do. And you onlyh needed to look 2 more post after that post to find my post regarding L/500, so you have hopefully seen that for 5 days now and still continued to complain about it. AND Can you just answer this last thing, If you installed a 10k Solar Array where it is blowing 150MPH, would you have prefered My HEB 600 or your recommended HEB 60? After you have answered that which you seamed to miss from my last post I aggree that we can end this discussion. And for the record, after I took it up in Inventor I could Agree to go down to HEB 500 or even HEB 400 depending on the days per year that have 150mph hurricanes, but never less than that, And if it was for a customer I would just explain the stress cases and let him decide if he wanted to spend150 dollars extra to get a HEB 600 over the HEB400.

How do you use LiFePO4 Batteries in a country where temperatures can go down to -42C and your installed underfloor Heating System can not get it above -10C?

ANY Lithium based Batteries can not be charged in MINUS temperatures.

Also, how should I design a system, where I have a 12kW 24V Motor installed?
I have for testing a 64 cells EVE 304Ah (= 51,2V with 1216Ah) with 4 JK BMS 250A here which I wan to install in my UAZ Buchanka 4x4 using a 20kW GoldenMotor, has cost me roughly 6400€ including shipping to Estonia, but they create problems in mass. I have put them into the same Battery Room where I have my 2000kg SOPzS Batteries, hence they are under the same conditions, but at -29C outside just 2 month ago and roughly -3C in the Battery Room, all 4 BMS have shut down.

LeFePO4 Cells are the worst ever!
Sunsynk 1MWh LFP battery container is fully insulated with climate control (heat pump), fire suppression system, alarm and has also 400kW hybrid inverter in it. They go about 100ke. They have also smaller 0,5MWh and 0,25MWh units too.

I have both FLA (30kWh forklift) and LFP (75kWh) in my 48V system and would never get lead batteries but this one was free. It's just that you can only use ~50% of lead battery capacity while LFP is fine with ~95% and it still gives you 5-6000 cycles. This means 1MWh LFP equals to almost 2MWh lead in usable capacity. Also with lead putting 10kWh in gets you 8-8,5kWh out but with LFP you get about 9,8kWh out. Cold temperatures can certainly be a problem for LFP and that's why I keep them (and FLA) climate controlled in separate outbuilding including small gym and floorball court.

Forgot one thing:

I bought my 48 SOPzS Cells in 2018 and have payed 8000€. LiFePO4 Cells where nearly 4 times more expensive.
Currently the price for the 70,5kW is at 10500€ and they support without any problems a load of 1600A while the EVE cells have problems giving me 800A which I need for a peak of the 20kW Motor.

Oh the charger is a MultiPlus-II 48/15000 which allow me the charging from a 230V 32A CEE Socket and support my Electric tools if needed.

Also my Wind Chargers can only charge Acid Batteries.
I pay 125e/kWh all included (home delivery, VAT 24%) for premade 10,24kWh LFP rack battery with 100A BMS (I have two more in order ATM). For 10500e I can get 8 of these and still have some change left in my pocket but have only 800A discharge/charge capability. But then 5,12kWh rack battery with 100A BMS (0,5C charge/1C discharge) is ~135e/kWh so with 10500e I can get 15 of those totaling 76,8kWh and 1500A discharge capacity. Or you can have 6x10kWh + 3x5kWh parallel (like I do) with 900A discharge capability.

Main difference with lead is charging rate (recommended 0,15-0,2C vs 0,5C) and usable capacity (35kWh vs >70kWh in this case) in favor of LFP though lead is needed if you can't keep your batteries above freezing temperatures. Usually insulating/having extra heat source is quite cheap and DIYable. Roundtrip efficiency is 80-85% for lead and ~98% for LFP and you get at least twice the cycles out of LFP. Also LFP has no problem sitting for ages within 3,1-3,35V/cell while lead needs to be topped up frequently to avoid sulfanation. Up here we sometimes don't see sun for weeks in winter so I just can't ignore lead battery SOC like LFP.

Now if you pay 325e per usable kWh (10500e/35,25kWh) for lead you really need to have serious cold temperature concerns/insulation problems down there in Estonia.

Back