diy solar

diy solar

24volt rv system design questions

mike450136

i am using 4 charge controllers and 4 solar panels. what connection method should i go with to connect the output of the charge controllers to the battery? i was hoping to avoid the lynx distributor. but i dont know if fuses are completely needed for this section of wire. they are certainly not required going from the solar panel to mppt for my specific setup.

second question:
other than the breakers being made in china, do you think they look fine for this setup?

breakers are for solar disconnect. not for tripping purposes:

third question :
would a Victron cebro gx be beneficial to get the 4 Victron mppts to play nice?

products that will be used:

solar panel 355 watt

four victron 75 | 15 mppt controllers:

battery

pv wire

i am using 4 charge controllers and 4 solar panels. what connection method should i go with to connect the output of the charge controllers to the battery? i was hoping to avoid the lynx distributor. but i dont know if fuses are completely needed for this section of wire. they are certainly not required going from the solar panel to mppt for my specific setup.

Connecting 4 devices to a battery is usually impractical, so you might want a bus bar - lots are cheaper than a Lynx.

second question:
other than the breakers being made in china, do you think they look fine for this setup?

breakers are for solar disconnect. not for tripping purposes:

Yes.

third question :
would a Victron cebro gx be beneficial to get the 4 Victron mppts to play nice?

No, but a cerbo gets you VRM, which is awesome.

The MPPT will play fine by themselves. Put them in a VE.Smart network together, and they will coordinate charge phases with each other.

I've been tempted by those cells. Make sure that you do not accept any that are low voltage or outliers.

EDIT: AND get a good BMS

AND consider a Victron Smartshunt to feed the MPPT accurate voltage and actual charge current data.

Last edited:
i am using 4 charge controllers and 4 solar panels. what connection method should i go with to connect the output of the charge controllers to the battery
I got two 8 position busbars. Three studs are for SCCs, another the inverter, another stud for the charger, another stud for the dc to dc converter, and another stud for a 24 VDC Line.

Back