diy solar

diy solar

280 aH cell needed

400bird

Solar Wizard
I picked up a pile of used 280 aH cells from a member here.

Turns out one more than expected was damaged and needs to be replaced. It has a popped vent.

These are the blue Eve 280aH with the single threaded stud/hole on each terminal.

Anyone have a good spare cell they'd like to sell? Ideally, somewhere in the middle of California (Bay Area, down to Fresno, up to Sacramento) or anywhere.

Or any suggestions where I can get a reasonable priced low quantity of cells with the old style terminals? Seems like everyone has switched over to the rased dual hole style terminals.

Thanks.

As far as I know, Cells with Tapped holes are pretty much impossible to find, I had to replace one such and I had my supplier search Hi & Lo without luck. You can still use a cell with a Welded Post without issue. If using a Solid Busbar you will need to add a Step ___/---- into it to compensate for the 3mm contact point. Alternatly the flexible mesh busbars work a treat for mixing cells with tapped holes & welded studs.

I believe Luyuan still has B Cells with welded posts and likely a few others can get them as well but likely to be B cells.

The mesh bars generally are left "open air" which I personally can't abide, so using 3/4" 2:1 Heatshring with adhesive sealant is an excellent solution BUT has to be done slowly & cautiously and once heated & soft, have to be pressed flat or they can quickly "squish" the mesh. See photo below as an example.

1714481210929.jpeg

Gobel has 280Ah cells with single studs, so they say (can't vouch for them, just been looking at various places).

Thanks for all the input! I too, thought these were long gone. Gobel shows backordered with an ETA a couple weeks out.

Ezeal says they're in stock and ready to ship, with way more reasonable shipping than I expected.
I'll probably double check the other 47 cells and place my order for 1 later today.

If using a Solid Busbar you will need to add a Step ___/---- into it to compensate for the 3mm contact point. Alternatly the flexible mesh busbars work a treat for mixing cells with tapped holes & welded studs.
I appreciate the heads up. I've got a handful of the multilayer, laminate bus bars. I may bend one of those to work here.
I believe Luyuan still has B Cells with welded posts and likely a few others can get them as well but likely to be B cells.
I'd rather ship order from US stock, I don't want to wait 3 months for a single cell
The mesh bars generally are left "open air" which I personally can't abide, so using 3/4" 2:1 Heatshring with adhesive sealant is an excellent solution BUT has to be done slowly & cautiously and once heated & soft, have to be pressed flat or they can quickly "squish" the mesh. See photo below as an example.
Well, that's great advice too! I also have a handful of these and wasn't going to use them for exactly that reason.

I've started to use the mesh ones with my older cells that I am transferring and they are really quite good. Their resistance is also only 0.12mOhm which is as good as the winner pure copper bubars most provide. Unfortunately I could not get ones long enough to use for the X-Bar across the two rows of cells, so I had to use Solid Copper for that.

Back