diy solar

diy solar

2A - Favorite 3.

42OhmsPA

What's in a title?
Should be a good thread...

If you had to pick 3 firearms to use for the rest of time what would they be?
Type, brand / model, caliber.

I hope this thread doesn't hurt my wallet to bad 😂.

Ruger 10/22 - 22lr
Remington 870 - 20ga
Ruger M77 - .270

My choices are based on putting food on the table (in north America). I'm not much on self-defense pieces, although they are fun! Just not in the budget...

I've been waiting for someone to mention a 9mm carbine...
I really like the S&W M&P FPC, it's at the top of my list followed by the Ruger and Kel-Tec Sub 2000.
I have lots of 9mm between my Ruger and Springfield Armory pistols.

IMG_5589.jpeg

See what they are doing? Remember how most every incident they want to ban weapons unless it is a minority doing the shooting then it gets hidden or dropped.? Imagine some politicianS finally get their wish after a large group of illegals go on a coordinated shooting spree. These ppl are here illegally. Remember the Muslim uprising in Europe where they somehow had full auto ak-47? Oh well the USA was a nice country ….

At least Feinstein is dead took that bitch forever to die off. I hope she swallowed her tongue….and choked to death. They got the Assault gun bill through with the UNIPARTY. watch for the next red flag… they are planning for something big.

IMG_5344.jpeg

First time ever seen both of the parents charged-sentenced manslaughter after a school shooting.

From article:
“‘’’She called gun violence a crisis in the United States. “And we will not be able to address it until we start treating it like a public health crisis,” McDonald added. “And yes, access to guns is a critical piece of that. But it’s not the only piece.”“‘’’’

Typical - they blame the gun. From my understanding - reading this article and others for this young man - he had all kinds of mental problems but was still given a fire arm. So gather parents were trying force him to be normal vs getting him help. Were SSRI involved.

What is always missing are the positives where young person defended themselves - defend home with guns. .with all the illegals being given guns we can expect to see bad things. They may try take guns if joe gets back

N+1
N= the 3 in your title…

Last edited:
N+x works too, right?
Funny you mentioned the 12 gauge, I was just over on cheaperthandirt putting together a cart and thought this would be a nice addition to my old 1100...

I've always wanted a .308 bolt since shooting my buddies with a Tikka bull barrel years ago.
I'm pretty happy with my Howa .30-06.

That's a great idea with the multiple barrels.

My three I have are :

Megastar 45

Firestar 9mm

12 gauge double barrel or my 12 gauge pump. Both work nicely.

I have others but that's my favorites.

22 wise though it would be toss up between my ruger 10/22 (excellent rifle) and a henry lever action 22 magnum.

I'm the coming months a retired State Trooper is opening a gun shop in town.
I'll be spending a lot of money at his shop.
First new one I'll be buying is the S&W M&P FPC or Ruger PC.

My current favorite is my Remington 597 with some trigger work and barrel free floating, the ground hogs freaking love it.

One of the first guns I shot was a 30-30 Lever Action Marlin, great brush gun, if I come across one for a good price I'll own it.

Yea 3 isn't enough. Firearms and ammunition are just like solar panels and batteries, you can always use more.

since shooting my buddies with a Tikka bull barrel
Woah.... remind me to NEVER go shooting with you.:oops:
Oh, I have a handed down Marlin 30-30 my gf bought in the early 50s. Sweet short rifle. Built like a tank.
I have a 1970s ruger m77 in 220 swift thats a tack driver. Does quite a number on coyotes out here on the ranch.

Woah.... remind me to NEVER go shooting with you.:oops:
Oh, I have a handed down Marlin 30-30 my gf bought in the early 50s. Sweet short rifle. Built like a tank.
I have a 1970s ruger m77 in 220 swift thats a tack driver. Does quite a number on coyotes out here on the ranch.
Nicely done.

The hardest hitting one I have for those reach out and touch something shots is a .25-06 which is not pleasant to shoot. Kicks like a mule.

Which is strange since the .30-06 doesn't kick near as bad. Never have figured that one out.

The hardest hitting one I have for those reach out and touch something shots is a .25-06 which is not pleasant to shoot. Kicks like a mule.

Which is strange since the .30-06 doesn't kick near as bad. Never have figured that one out.
That is strange, My 25-06 Bolt action is a pleasure to shoot compared to my 30-06 semi.

I find the gun I carry the most is my Ruger LCR in .357. If I'm around the property, it's usually in a pocket holster since it's out of the way, if I'm going out, it's usually appendix. It carries so comfortably and points naturally for me.

My second gun is a toss up. I could pick my 10/22 takedown, one of my ARs... I dunno though. Of all my rifles, I think my Norinco SKS might be my favorite. Fun to shoot, pretty wood stock, just a classic gun.

But I gotta say, my favorite gun I own is my Beretta 92X. Never sees the gun safe, it lives in my nightstand box, or during the colder months I'm carrying it in a shoulder holster (you guys can make fun of me). Shoots so damn smooth, dead reliable, easy to maintain.

If I ever got into an Elisjsha Dicken scenario, I think my 92X is the only pistol I own that I feel even an ounce of confidence in making the shots he did. And if marksmanship fails, well... The shoulder holster carries two more 17 round mags, so there's that. 😂

I made a boo-boo last week.
I had a small job on the back (secure) side of the airport.
No metal detectors at the entrance I used. (Probably should be)
They know me well enough to just let me in with a smile.
And I forgot to leave the G-19 in the truck.
I'm not sure what the penalty is but definitely a felony.

I made a boo-boo last week.
I had a small job on the back (secure) side of the airport.
No metal detectors at the entrance I used. (Probably should be)
They know me well enough to just let me in with a smile.
And I forgot to leave the G-19 in the truck.
I'm not sure what the penalty is but definitely a felony.
Probably not a big deal in the airport. They frown on taking them onto the planes :)

Back