diy solar

diy solar

3x 545W Panels and Zendure 1500 - Help

zkaza

Hi all. This is the first time I am trying to do something like this, so bear with me, please.

What I wanted is a few solar panels on the roof, super simple with some Power Station that will power my AirCon over the summer.

What I bought is these three solar panels 545W each (VOC 49.9, lsc 13.65A, Vmp 41.8V).

1693065584554.png

And I bought a Zendure 1500 Power Station. I put Solar Panels on my roof, wired them in series, and used MC4 to AC input on Zendure. It worked great, I had around 1200W an hour on a nice sunny day. But, when I tried to use AC output on Zendure, it did not work. After some googling, I found I messed up, and when you use MC4 to AC input on Zendure the AC output doesn't work.

1693065633237.png

So I said never mind, I will use the XT60 input, its still enough charge, and my AC takes just 300-500W. But bummer, in series it would max out that 60Vmp. So I thought I would wire it in parallel but another bummer, I would exceed the 30A cables and MC4 is rated for. So I just said, duck it, and used just two panels in parallel with XT60 into Zendure. It works.... but...

I get 400W max, that is all. My Solar panel gives 40V and with 10A max on Zendure, we have 400W. And I am now pissed at myself, it's almost enough for the AirCon but just not enough. If I was able to get that 600W from both panels it would work, but I don't know how.

So my question is, is there any solution? Ideally, I want to use all panels. I am okay with overpanneling if I get that 600W. I don't really want to replace the Zendure, I kinda like it and I did not find any other PowerStation that can handle 120Vmp for 700Euro or less.

The only thing that I think would be possible is to use some DC to DC converter or another MPPT that would convert that 120V - 13.65A into 60V - 10A or more.
Thanks for any help ?

Last edited:
Hey, so I found a solution. Firstly, returned Zendure, no way to do it with it. Second, I bought Bluetti AC200P which can do 150V at 12A (700W max), so in order not to max out VOC when cold, I just used two panels in series (100VOC) that can give me 1090W (but limited to 700W). Then I ordered Bluetti DC CHARGING ENHANCER (D050S) which is basically an external MPPT for AC200P that uses Barrel Plug for AC on Bluetti. That will give me another 500W from the third panel. So 1200W total. I will be little over paneled but I think this is the cheapest way to use my 3x 545W panels. ?

Firstly, glad you found a solution!

Secondly, I was debating on the AC200P or AC200Max
or something else that would give me 1500-2000wh, LFPO4, a mobile app, and a decent price (under 50 cents per wh)
needless to say, only the refurbished Bluettis fell into that price range

Anyways, I stumbled upon the $400 VANPOWER 1500, and could not resist
I'm still wondering how/why they are selling it so cheap right now

I don't have a specific need to fill right now, I just want another power station to have around for power outages
I have 4-100w panels, and a couple portable 100w panels, so I'm sure I can accommodate solar charging for the VANPOWER 1500

Other than your solar charging dilemma above, you were happy with the Zendure 1500?
( I believe the Zendure/VANPOWER are the same product)
I heard some people have trouble with the mobile app, was it working for you?

Thanks

Back