diy solar

diy solar

4 X class solar flares to impact this weekend.

I'm not that worried about it, I have some surge arrestors as well. I see zero negatives of disconnecting the breaker.

Same. I just want to see the Aurora in PA...

If you could mitigate the risks/ impacts from something that you can't stop from happening, why wouldn't you?
Exactly….. mitigating risks is easy …..eliminating them is almost impossible …I prefer the former as it’s easier…and considerably tilts the game in your favor…
I would feel like S*** if somthing happened and I did nothing to “try “ to prevent it.

That’s a lot of work ,money and time sittin there..

J.

I still have my eclipse glasses. I wonder if I will be able to see anything.
Assuming that I would know what to look for and when.

spaceweather.com is best place to get info and see what's going on. Also as I posted sometime in past reference to affects of geomagnetic storms on electric grid, your geographic location matters since some areas have ability to absorb the extra energy without any issues.. i.e. they are basically grounded better because of the subsurface geology.

If you want to stir up your fear factor: "A CARRINGTON-CLASS SUNSPOT: Sunspot AR3664 has grown so large, it now rivals the great Carrington sunspot of 1859."

Very unlikely, but it sells

I wonder what effect it has on a standard array/system if it hits in on a sunny bright day…?
It will be real clear and Sunny Sat and Sun after that bunch of rain we had…

Increase a little …? A lot..? Almost none..?

Never heard of this before in any detail…

If you want to stir up your fear factor: "A CARRINGTON-CLASS SUNSPOT: Sunspot AR3664 has grown so large, it now rivals the great Carrington sunspot of 1859."
Be very wary of the News, there goal for the last several years seems to be to keep the public in a constant state of perpetual fear. The Carrington Event was associated with a X10> Flare. This one produced a X2.2
I think things will be fine. About the only one probably worried right now are the ISS crew and they have a shelter.
Space-X is probably extremely worried. Those satellites are built on a very low budget.

Be very wary of the News, there goal for the last several years seems to be to keep the public in a constant state of perpetual fear. The Carrington Event was associated with a X10> Flare. This one produced a X2.2
I think things will be fine. About the only one probably worried right now are the ISS crew and they have a shelter.
Space-X is probably extremely worried. Those satellites are built on a very low budget.
This was just stating there was a sunspot larger then the sunspot that caused the Carrington Event, not that there has been a CME or flare from AR3664 yet (edit: that have been directed towards earth).

It says it is so large that if you still have your solar eclipse glasses you can see it without any magnification.

Looks like the main event will hit the west coast about 6 pm Saturday if I figured the 1 am Sunday UTC time difference correctly. I don’t think we’ll see a light show in daylight.
IMG_1448.jpeg

Back