diy solar

diy solar

$!5 500w 12v inverter that has low cutoff for 3S Li-ion (found)

DThames

Solar Wizard
I purchased a couple of these 500w inverters to run 115v AC LED lights at a hunting shack. They are about as junky as you can get but look good for what I wanted. I tested them with some 3S 18650 packs and they,
1. don't have a stupid beeper for low voltage (nice)
2. shut off at 9.65 volts, right before 3.2 volts per cell.

I have not fully tested them but they ran 2 x 100 watt incandecent lights okay, so will run a lot of LED tubes if needed.

Are you sure it wasn't the battery BMS low voltage cutout?
My BMS cuts out at ~9.6 volts.

Wow, up to $40. It is a pretty junky inverter even for $15. Yes, it was the inverter that shut down. No BMS in my test.

(NOTE: Please directly use inverter connect to 110V device, if inverter can work for device, its voltage is qualified! Don't use electrical meter test inverter voltage, it is wrong way.)
So modified sine wave most likely, and even then they are afraid that you might look at what is coming out of the inverter and realise that it simply doesn't meet the specs, ie, peak voltage falls well below what is considered acceptable in terms of your local mains voltage.

So modified sine wave most likely, and even then they are afraid that you might look at what is coming out of the inverter and realise that it simply doesn't meet the specs, ie, peak voltage falls well below what is considered acceptable in terms of your local mains voltage.
I got is specifically to run some AC type LED light tubes. No telling what the output looks like.

Those cheap inverters usually show about 90ish volts with a basic multimeter. But the same ones will read 120v +/- when tested with my Fluke RMS meter.

Those cheap inverters usually show about 90ish volts with a basic multimeter. But the same ones will read 120v +/- when tested with my Fluke RMS meter.
I saw that too. Low volts on my cheap meter.

Probably an averaging meter rather than RMS. It wouldn't be the first time I've come across a cheapie that said it did RMS but actually didn't.

I was looking at this one to keep in the truck. The reviews look great for the price...

These were on sale last night for $15 so I bought two. Still on sale now for $16.99... Not sure if they are any good but I couldn't resist for the price.

Back