diy solar

diy solar

a 9 panel in-series single string Array?

PoPoShoo

I also had posted this on the general forum. This grid tied Array consists of 9 panels and I want to connect them into a 1 string, In-Series

Is the attached diagram represent the correct wiring? THNX

Attachments

• panels in series 1 string.jpg
    panels in series 1 string.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 16
Yes. Have you calculated the string voltage? Is it low enough for the inverter after adjusting for cold?

Yes. Have you calculated the string voltage? Is it low enough for the inverter after adjusting for cold?
Yes, all calculations completed. Our entire panel system is 33 modules, 3 arrays are 8 panel strings, the 4th array (see attached) is 9 panel string (so, this is why I'm inquiring on if my wiring config is correct)

Yes, all calculations completed. Our entire panel system is 33 modules, 3 arrays are 8 panel strings, the 4th array (see attached) is 9 panel string (so, this is why I'm inquiring on if my wiring config is correct)
Is the 9-panel string going to be on a different controller?

1649027417434.png

If I understand your question.... Here's 9 modules in series. Others will quickly start a dogpile on me if I'm wrong. LOL

So series is as simple as negative to positive or vice versa. You have some some series/parallel stuff going on in your diagram. You might should check your 8 module wiring diagram at this point.

Last edited:
OZ solar, I was going off a 9 panel wired in series diagram on the web...problem is, it just showed each panel connected to the other.
So..yea, I was wondering about the pos to pos and neg to neg connections. THNX for catching it and veryifying my doubts

Geees---- There are a bunch of potential problems at least if the OP's planned system changes from 24 panels to 33.

1) is the system grid tied? If so, does his power provider allow him to make the changes?
2) Don't know the NMOT panel wattages and the inverter maximum continuous output power
3) How is the connection to the grid (if grid connected) made complying with the 120% bus rule.
4) Does his local government allow him to make these changes OR if a new system?--ie both building and electrical code compliance verification by inspectors.

Those are basic questions that need consideration before doing anything.

I also had posted this on the general forum. This grid tied Array consists of 9 panels and I want to connect them into a 1 string, In-Series

Is the attached diagram represent the correct wiring? THNX
Normally I wouldn't say anything but being as this is a grid tie you need to have somebody elsedo it. A certified electrician.
Obviously if you're looking at stuff on the Internet to try and figure out how something needs to be wired in series you lack the practical experience to do this without blowing up yourself or someone else or catching your house on fire.
Please get some help , don't do this yourself.
There are so many things here that are wrong.
Seriously, we don't want to see you get hurt or anything
Ps this is why they now require permits and ul listed equipment. You cannot just see a picture on the internet and not understand the concept and think it'll work for you.

Normally I wouldn't say anything but being as this is a grid tie you need to have somebody elsedo it. A certified electrician.
Obviously if you're looking at stuff on the Internet to try and figure out how something needs to be wired in series you lack the practical experience to do this without blowing up yourself or someone else or catching your house on fire.
Please get some help , don't do this yourself.
There are so many things here that are wrong.
Seriously, we don't want to see you get hurt or anything

Ps this is why they now require permits and ul listed equipment. You cannot just see a picture on the internet and not understand the concept and think it'll work for you.

Powerstroke is RIGHT ON and I made part of his post bold because it needed emphases

Back