diy solar

diy solar

Active Cell Balancer (Will)

It says at the end of that video max balance charge is 1.44ma, it's only for 18650 sized batteries, not prismatics.

I may have had one of these fail. Over the past several days I was having a terrible time keeping 4 cells balanced, with one cell dropping to 1.91v and another rising to 4.2v. I thought I had an errant charge controller and I was moving resisters around like a madman but to no avail. I disabled charging for a day and let everything settle overnight and the battery voltage dropped so low the Venom wouldn't light up. Battery pack voltage was around 2v. I disconnected the active BMS and connected another non-active BMS I had on hand and within a couple of hours everything was balanced. I'm charging in full sun now and they're all staying very close to one another.

I'm starting to see "active balancers" with the capability of turning off.

Yeah they usually work nicely. The first one I received and tested was not working, and it later burned out (one in my video). I tested 3 others and they worked well

Yeah they usually work nicely. The first one I received and tested was not working, and it later burned out (one in my video). I tested 3 others and they worked well
Have you tested the capacitor type active balancer? I have ordered cheapo multi meters from China (had a free one from harbor freight) so I can set up an 4S tester (I also have a potted active balancer on the way. What I liked about it is the on - off switch

Back