diy solar

diy solar

alte out of business?

Chauber

Phone number drops. No response from posts on alte website. and no return message from Bramley Munz. Any idea what happened? I am looking to purchase for delivery in north east Maine, so looking for a good supplier with support for DIY off grid cabin.

It had been rumored for awhile now and then they had some fantastic sale prices a month ago.

Web store still seems to be working normally. I didn't place an order but there is no indication of an issue that I can see.

I have purchased items from them in the past and it was a great experience.

I don't see that. Thy are a great place to get great products. Web site is working great.

In due time, the pieces will come into place and the reality will become obvious.

They acquired a company called "realgoods" a few years back - that website has been taken down already. https://realgoods.com/

Their checkout is not working either:
1713791477637.png

Last edited:
Hello all,
New to this forum and recently became inclined to join due to the subject of this thread. I had been searching for whatever issues are going on with the AltE store as I've had communication issues with them, and I hadn't seen or heard much about whatever is going on with them until now.
I purchased my entire system from the AltE store December of 2021 for my small off grid cabin in Northern Wisconsin. Installed/commissioned September of 2022. Through normal glitches, and start up questions, AltE support was not excellent but above average. Suddenly, now it's as mentioned above. So I shelled out on a system for just south of $10k and I'm out in the cold with regard to support or warranty.
My biggest issue right now is, my system included (4) kilovault plc2100 batteries. (3) of them are working fine. I do have one battery that does not stay in tune (SOC-wise) with the other 3. It lags about 1.6v. I will take up the battery parameter questions on the appropriate thread.
So as it stands, I'm left to wonder why other suppliers of the plc 2100s wouldn't have units lying around that they would be willing to dump for a greatly reduced price since there is now zero support or warranty available for them. I see other 3rd party vendors still listing them in stock and for sale, but still showing full price. I guess I'd be willing to gamble on a reasonably reduced price/shipping cost for just one, as opposed to looking at replacing the whole bank. Perhaps it warrants a phone call to one of these said vendors. Just wondering if anybody on here had any experience with closeout PLC 2100s, or any other insight with what is going on with AltE might be useful information to myself and others.

Thanks
Northwoods-Collector

I think the future will basically be manufacturers selling directly to customers like Tesla does with cars, no more margins for middlemen or very little. I remember working for a perfume store that closed up shop 8 years ago, basically the supplier that we were buying form started his own website and selling for same or less than we could buy it. Eventually even the supplier went belly up as the manufacturer started selling direct and still does to this day.

We can draw parallels between EVE's official alibaba page which lists cells for less than any of the resellers :unsure:

Such a shame.

I stumbled across Alt E looking for solar water pumping solutions before I found this site.

I always kept an eye on their off grid cabin build kits as inspiration and eventually was going to by my panels/racking from them this coming summer as they are just over an hour away. I did buy some midnite gear from them last year, Pv breakers and combiner box.

Now I’ll have to convince the local greentech to sell to me.

What a bummer!! I just ordered some Midnite Double Pole Breakers from them on April 3rd. I first found out about Alt E back in 2011 when I bought some grounding lugs and a single ground mount for my first ever solar panel, which is a Japanese made Sharp 80 watt panel. I bought my Midnite Solar combiner box from them about two years ago as well as extra breakers. Glad I did.

Anyone have the scoop yet on AltE's rumored closing?

For someone who had dealt with them for many years, particularly with the convenience of being able to pick up items directly from their warehouse like solar panels, apparently I will need to go elsewhere for the new items I need.

Any other vendors selling direct in New England?

Last edited:
Back