diy solar

diy solar

Anenji inverters - 11.2kW parallel system for only £900

I have just had 3 Anenji inverters and 3 Anenji 10kw batteries installed. Electricians just left. It’s all beeping, fault on one battery and one inverter.
Decision was just made to leave it over night and see what it’s doing in the morning. Update tomorrow
Any advice appreciated in the meantime

Last edited:
Those interested in a hybrid inverter that works very well and is not expensive, maybe you should consider ECGSOLAX inverters. I installed recently 2 of them on different battery banks (24v 4,2kw and 48v 10,2kw). Very pleased with the consumption from the battery (especially the 24v 4,2kw one), the consumption from the grid (2-3 watts both of them when not charging from the grid) and the MPPT charger performance.

Review of the 24v 4,2kw inverter here:

Review of the 48v 10,2kw inverter here:

I have just had 3 Anenji inverters and 3 Anenji 10kw batteries installed. Electricians just left. It’s all beeping, fault on one battery and one inverter.
Decision was just made to leave it over night and see what it’s doing in the morning. Update tomorrow
Any advice appreciated in the meantime
Did it all work out OK?
I'm considering buying a 6.2Kw system and 5K battery for an off grid caravan power supply. With the current sale on it should work out cheaper than a pylonteck 5000 battery alone.

Beware of Anenji because of absolutely no support in case of problems! You can scrap any faulty Anenji equipment! My experience:

I installed an Anenji MPPT 3.6KW Off-Grid Solar-Wechselrichter 100A Hybrid 230Vac 24V 500V in June 2023 with 2 kW Solar panels and 1,5 kWh battery to charge a hybrid EV in my garage. However whatever the settings the inverter turned off after less than 70min on unknown grounds; solar or battery power was still available. After about 2 months the inverter completely failed, no display, no output anymore. Anenji immediately shifted the communication from ebay messages to WhatsApp, firstly promised to help, asked questions, gave suggestions and finally diagnosed failure of control board as rootcause. Eventually they refused to supply a new control board but in the end stopped any communication at all!

I can confirm that the hardware looks pretty good but the software/firmware appears to have problems (glitches that turn off the inverter?) and above all, there is no support at all. I have made the same experience as ebay user 1***k (818):

„Buyer beware, don't expect any warranty or return if faulty. My unit faulty, returned at my expense, seller refused to accept delivery. Had to get refund from PayPal. Shame could have been a good item. Good comms via WhatsApp but lied at end.“

Ebay is of no help, they don’t care that Anenji refuses to give any sort of support or garantee. No chance to change the judgement of the seller in ebay!

Beware of Anenji because of absolutely no support in case of problems! You can scrap any faulty Anenji equipment! My experience:

I installed an Anenji MPPT 3.6KW Off-Grid Solar-Wechselrichter 100A Hybrid 230Vac 24V 500V in June 2023 with 2 kW Solar panels and 1,5 kWh battery to charge a hybrid EV in my garage. However whatever the settings the inverter turned off after less than 70min on unknown grounds; solar or battery power was still available. After about 2 months the inverter completely failed, no display, no output anymore. Anenji immediately shifted the communication from ebay messages to WhatsApp, firstly promised to help, asked questions, gave suggestions and finally diagnosed failure of control board as rootcause. Eventually they refused to supply a new control board but in the end stopped any communication at all!

I can confirm that the hardware looks pretty good but the software/firmware appears to have problems (glitches that turn off the inverter?) and above all, there is no support at all. I have made the same experience as ebay user 1***k (818):

„Buyer beware, don't expect any warranty or return if faulty. My unit faulty, returned at my expense, seller refused to accept delivery. Had to get refund from PayPal. Shame could have been a good item. Good comms via WhatsApp but lied at end.“

Ebay is of no help, they don’t care that Anenji refuses to give any sort of support or garantee. No chance to change the judgement of the seller in ebay!
I would like to start by saying that im very new to all this but surly a 1.5KW battery supplying power to a 3.6KW off grid system even with 2Kw of solar panels is going to be flat after 70 minutes whilst charging a car?

I purchased an Anenji 8.2KW inverter and 5KW battery powered by 2.5KW of Longi solar power, for an off grid caravan setup. Havent set it up yet mind as im still working out what bits i need - fuse sizes, switches and cables etc And yes 8.2KW is too big for a caravan but hopefully its not going to be over strained so should last longer?

Hi Forum. Bought an Anenji Hybrid 6.2kW 48v Wifi inverter, £285 delivered from Germany.
Have it running on Solar, Battery and Utility.
So far works ok but have a question to ask...
Cant access options 43,44,45 SOC battery settings.
I tried [05]USE and AGn but the SOC options do not appear.
Wondering if they are only for Lithium LI2, LI4 ?
Any help appreciated please.
Thanks. Pete

I also tried to set the battery type, but there is no "LIFEPO4" option so I put the USER option and restricted the parameters a bit to preserve the batteries.

I have a 5.6Kw, but on the factory data it says "design 4.5Kw", so I tried to charge it and on the 5Kw it goes into protection after a few minutes.

However, I confirm that in case of need no one will respond.

Il supporto di Anenji è veloce (a parte le differenze di orario): il loro supporto watsapp funziona bene
Il supporto di Anenji è veloce (a parte le differenze di orario): il loro supporto watsapp funziona bene
I have a 5.6kW inverter, I tried to contact them about a problem, but they never responded.

I was intending to get two more to build a three-phase system but now I have some doubts.

I'm sure that if I told them my intentions they would answer me, but I can't buy an inverter every time I have a problem.

Update - Still working, still annoying me but i have tested the grid-tie export and have managed to export 5 units to the grid.

Senseless as i have no feed-in tarrif but it proves it works. It didn't blow any trips and my standard smartmeter read the units going out just fine.

I have a 5.6kW inverter, I tried to contact them about a problem, but they never responded.

I was intending to get two more to build a three-phase system but now I have some doubts.

I'm sure that if I told them my intentions they would answer me, but I can't buy an inverter every time I have a problem.
As you noted; I found that their Whatsapp support did at least respond to my queries.

My system is still working fine but on the whole i don't know if i would recommend Anenji apart from them being very cheap compared to other systems. I have had to learn things that i never wanted to and most of it by trial and error.
Other negatives i've noted now:
The battery handling isn't good - at least for my flooded-cells
There are no timer functions to use with new UK smart tarrifs.
It does strange things (runs fans on full power when it's doing nothing) and needs to be reset every now and again.

It's been a great learning curve but i need to look at a system that's more aligned to UK smart tarrifs with timer functions and much better battery management.

Having no (obvious) facility to update the software given the number of bugs is the real show-stopper for me.

I would like to start by saying that im very new to all this but surly a 1.5KW battery supplying power to a 3.6KW off grid system even with 2Kw of solar panels is going to be flat after 70 minutes whilst charging a car?

I purchased an Anenji 8.2KW inverter and 5KW battery powered by 2.5KW of Longi solar power, for an off grid caravan setup. Havent set it up yet mind as im still working out what bits i need - fuse sizes, switches and cables etc And yes 8.2KW is too big for a caravan but hopefully its not going to be over strained so should last longer?
Sorry, just to make it clear(er): The battery has a capacity of 1.5KWh, PV power was as low as 0W to max 1.6KW. EV charging is very special because of:
(1) Communication exchange between EV and power source (AIO), source and transition resistance, safety checks, overheating of plug etc. and
(2) Minimum charge power of approx 1.4 KW (6A, 240V) because of the efficiency degradation of the EV AC/DC inverter.
(3) Power interruptions or any other interference/disturbance don't produce a restart of the system.
Given the circumstances of max 2KW solar power (from garage rooftop) and available solar power in Germany use of a battery is mandatory.
My (all?) Anenji 3.6 AIO would only start the EV charging process after several attempts, but shutting down the AC output after some time though there was enough power from the battery and the solar part.
There were no problems supplying other loads (hair dryer, lamps), I went crazy searching for the rootcause (grounding? etc), finally concluding that there is something wrong in the Anenji AIO (software?). My EAsun/SRNE 3.6KW AIO is now running smoothly in my setup.
Interested to know if your Anenji works with EV charging! Good luck for your project, your battery capacity is ok!

Im very new to all this and Anenji documentation is very basic.
Ive now temporarily setup my 8.2KW inverter and the 5KW battery, but im a little confused as to the battery management.
I have the WiFi Plug Pro 05 connected to the inverter as recomended but as SwitchDoctor says "runs fans on full" when doing very little.
As the inverter has only the one comms port, surley we sould be connecting the battery to that and then the WIFI plug to the battery?
Ive asked Anenji about this but so far no reply from WhatsApp or emails. I tried a cat5 cable between them and attatched the WIFI plug to one of the batteries RS485 ports. Plug just didnt start up and no idea if the inverter could see the battery any better. So really not sure what to do.

Update now i'm six months in with my 8.2kw setup and I've completely given up on using flooded batteries with my Anenji hybrid inverter.

For now i've come up with a solution that seems to work for me where i have grid power and might help others:
I've given up on using flooded batteries with this unit -
it just doesn't work and draws more power overnight than you gain.
it flattened my batteries down to 36v = 8v each on several occasions - this could ruin my cells
it ran the fans all night when it should have been doing nothing
I saw the battery draw go to over 80 amps on occasion which might be ok for LiPo but not good for my leisure cells.

I've reverted to running it as a standard Grid-Tie unit - reversing my topology and not running hybrid.
It's now behaving itself; no more overnight fans, it sits quietly when not working.
It's LOTS more efficient; I've exported 60 units to the grid this month as well as covered my daytime base use.

I'm sure that Anenji's issues are with very poor programming which leaves me a little worried for the summer months when i'll be pushing 6kw of solar through it. Without software updates nothing is going to change with the unit i have so i'm going to have to work with it but reality is that I'm scanning the market for a 'better' inverter that does what i need and will probably demote this unit to running further PVs on my garage in grid-tie mode.

Im very new to all this and Anenji documentation is very basic.
Ive now temporarily setup my 8.2KW inverter and the 5KW battery, but im a little confused as to the battery management.
I have the WiFi Plug Pro 05 connected to the inverter as recomended but as SwitchDoctor says "runs fans on full" when doing very little.
As the inverter has only the one comms port, surley we sould be connecting the battery to that and then the WIFI plug to the battery?
Ive asked Anenji about this but so far no reply from WhatsApp or emails. I tried a cat5 cable between them and attatched the WIFI plug to one of the batteries RS485 ports. Plug just didnt start up and no idea if the inverter could see the battery any better. So really not sure what to do.
I'm not promoting myself as an expert here but IMHO you're concept is good; the RS485 devices should daisy-chain but i don't think it'll work with a standard cat5 cable - the connections are wrong. I'm sure with a bit of googling you could simply cut the cat5 in half and work out which 3 wires you need to connect - Rx,Tx and Gnd. (or order RS485 cable next day from Amazon)

I've reverted to running it as a standard Grid-Tie unit - reversing my topology and not running hybrid.
It's now behaving itself; no more overnight fans, it sits quietly when not working.
It's LOTS more efficient; I've exported 60 units to the grid this month as well as covered my daytime base use
Is the Anenji G99 approved for grid-tie and on the ENA Type Test register?

Hello Guys

I would like to ask did anyone actually Order from anenji.com (recently) and how did it Go?
If it went Well how Long did you wait for Them to ship your Order?
I Made payment 4 days ago and they confirmed that they receieved, told me they Will ship and now they dont ship nor reply to me.
I tried different Email they replied within minutes.
I am verry sceptical about all of this...

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Guys

I would like to ask did anyone actually Order from anenji.com (recently) and how did it Go?
If it went Well how Long did you wait for Them to ship your Order?
I Made payment 4 days ago and they confirmed that they receieved, told me they Will ship and now they dont ship nor reply to me.
I tried different Email they replied within minutes.
I am verry sceptical about all of this...

Thanks
It was the same for me, I didn't even get a confirmation of payment. But finally after 14 days it arrived.

Back