diy solar

diy solar

Are these things available? MNEPV125-80-1PNP

Roswell Bob

Solar Enthusiast
This is a Midnite Solar number. I will put it between the battery pack and the inverter.

I am looking for 100A-125A DC breaker for my 48V inverter. I prefer DIN rail mount. Has to be Bussman / Eaton / Schurter / ABB or other brand I can trust. I would like 20k AIC, but I can get around that if I need to. Not interested in Wioxi or Oppo or other similar flavored units that might catch fire before they clear the fault.

Schneider Electric (Germany) does make din rail breakers in Germany and this breaker does fit the Schneider Solar (America) XW Inverters

Kinda makes sense that Schneider (America) would use Schneider (Germany) breakers

There is a great support staff at Northern Arizona Wind Sun.....they sell both items, give them a call, they know

The Midnight MNEPV breaker is din rail

The Midnight MNDC breaker is panel mount

Schneider Electric (Germany) does make din rail breakers in Germany and this breaker does fit the Schneider Solar (America) XW Inverters

Kinda makes sense that Schneider (America) would use Schneider (Germany) breakers

There is a great support staff at Northern Arizona Wind Sun.....they sell both items, give them a call, they know

The Midnight MNEPV breaker is din rail

The Midnight MNDC breaker is panel mount
Thank you. I will try them tomorrow.

This is a Midnite Solar number.
Midnite Solar's breaker poster shows that all of the polarized MNEPV breakers were to be replaced by non-polarized versions about 6 months ago. But there's still no sign of the new breakers on their site. They still only sell the polarized versions. The one you asked about is one of the supposed new non-polarized breakers that still doesn't actually exist yet.

Post a link to what you find at DigiKey.

Carlo Gavazzi, Weidmuller, anf E-T-A parts look nice.

I will go with the E-T-A part because it DIN rail with a Class D trip curve. It is for branch circuit protection and is rated 60vdc with a 10,000AIC.

I expect the cells may actually be capable of greater than 10kA fault current. The EVE 280 cells are not specified for a minimum ESR so a fault current cannot be predicted. I may be shaving bus bars to get the fault current under control. The other option would be to include a small 0.002-0.005 ohm shunt resistor into the array.

Based on the 6kW Growatt inverter inrush current simulations I have done the Class D trip curve has the best shot at powering up without any inrush limiter.

I will use a 200A Class T fuse directly on the cell array to limit fault energy. The 200A fuse can survive the inverter inrush without approaching the melting I^2t.

(Edit) Breaker is 2 pole. I will wire poles in parallel to get the 120A I need. When I get array assembled I will measure ESR.

Last edited:
Back