diy solar

diy solar

Batrium "Device is out of sync" after firmware re-flash of WM4

Rui Ponte

I was incredibly unlucky (aka dumb) and flashed a ESPHome binary, destined to an ESP32, into WatchMon4.
After realising my mistake, I was able to successfully reflash WM4 with the correct firmware, using the Batrium tool.

I'm now able to connect again to the WM4, via USB or WIFI, using the Watchmon Toolkit.
Almost everything looks fine... except that I can't read or sync my 16 x Blockmon M8!

I get a "device is out of sync" warning when trying a Device Sync. Even after rebooting, reconnecting the wires, doing everything I can think of.
The LED on the WM4 is solid red: "Timeout sync". The LEDs on the blockmons is green repetitive flashes (as they were before my clusterfuck!)

Choosing Network tester, Bypass Tester and LED Identifier changes the LED's of the Blockmons, so THERE IS communication. But their not accepting each other's data?

Any ideas?
I submitted a support ticket to Batrium

Update:
The LED on the WM4 is solid white, or solid red, depending on what I'm tinkering with in WatchMon Toolkit.
The LEDs on the blockmons are "normal" (as they were before my clusterfuck!; green repetitive flashes)

I'm at a lost, and losing precious photons :)

[SOLVED]: Did a factory reset on Watchmon Toolkit and Watchmon was able to sync with the blockmons! After that, a Bulk Import of the las known settings restored the BMS to the previous functionality and telemetry.

I am glad your blockmon m8 x16 are working again :) thank you for sharing your experience, if someone else encounters this thread, surely it will help

?

Back