diy solar

diy solar

Battery Blues : first Li Time now SOK

There's only so much security a single person can tolerate.
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't know how to keep track of it all.

Very strange, but I will say I did replace the BMS from the Battle Born battery to a JBD BMS and was able to revive my bb100 battery. You could replace the BMS with a JBD 200 bms perhaps, it has a bluetooth you can unplug.

That would be a PIA I think, speaking of JBD you can basically BYPASS the password altogether so the Bluetooth is just as Bad or Good as SOK. Just download the overkillsolar app and access any JBD bluetooth battery. It just ignores the password altogether.

I'm quite certain pretty much any bluetooth battery can be broken into, so bluetooth is a potential security risk.

As for who will mess with you, that depends all it takes is 1 person to get pissed off and if they have a way to mess with you then they will, but its probably very unlikely.

This is why the Epoch Batteries Roy Pow versions are good because they can just turn off bluetooth. Same for the Sun Fun Kits batteries, the ability to turn off bluetooth is the safest overall. More manufacturers need to start adding this.

Back