diy solar

diy solar

Put battery into sleep mode

thepartyhound

Christian Prepper
Does anybody know if it is possible to put an SOK battery into sleep mode via the bluetooth app? I couldn't find any info on this here on the forum, nor on CC's website.

Yeah, I guess it would be turning off the BMS. I've seen it referred to as sleep mode several times.

Yes. First, go into the app and connect to the battery. Then press the menu button in the top corner and select "Basic Settings". From there you will be prompted to enter "200010". From there, your buttons are at the bottom of the page.

NOTE: the early versions of BMSs will not respond to this sleep command as it was added after the fact. Try using this function and see if it works to find out.

Yes. First, go into the app and connect to the battery. Then press the menu button in the top corner and select "Basic Settings". From there you will be prompted to enter "200010". From there, your buttons are at the bottom of the page.

NOTE: the early versions of BMSs will not respond to this sleep command as it was added after the fact. Try using this function and see if it works to find out.
That's a pretty sweet feature. You'd just hit them with the appropriate voltage to wake them up?

That's a pretty sweet feature. You'd just hit them with the appropriate voltage to wake them up?
Yes, but use a charger that will output voltage regardless of if it detects a battery. Some chargers like the 12/24v AIMS chargers require battery voltage to turn on, and a battery in storage/standby/sleep mode will not meet this criteria.

Excellent! Thank you very much! Do you have any advice if the app stops connecting to the battery? I can see the bluetooth signal when I scan for devices in bluetooth settings, but when I try to connect through the app it does not connect any longer. It was working fine, then it quit. I tried restarting my app, then my phone, with no success.

Excellent! Thank you very much! Do you have any advice if the app stops connecting to the battery? I can see the bluetooth signal when I scan for devices in bluetooth settings, but when I try to connect through the app it does not connect any longer. It was working fine, then it quit. I tried restarting my app, then my phone, with no success.
Battery will not show up on bluetooth if it is in sleep mode.

Also, when installing the app, it usually asks for permission to "allow ABC BMS to connect to local devices" (or something along those lines). Instinct is to click "deny", but if this gets clicked, the app no longer has permission to do its job.

Battery will not show up on bluetooth if it is in sleep mode.

Also, when installing the app, it usually asks for permission to "allow ABC BMS to connect to local devices" (or something along those lines). Instinct is to click "deny", but if this gets clicked, the app no longer has permission to do its job.
This is an awake battery. As I said in my post, the app was working fine the day before, and now it is not. Also, as I said before, I can see the battery broadcasting it's bluetooth SSID. If I try to connect to it through the bluetooth settings menu, it tells me I need an app to connect to it. The app acts like it does not see the battery's bluetooth signal and makes no attempt to connect to it. I even reinstalled the app this morning and no luck.

This is an awake battery. As I said in my post, the app was working fine the day before, and now it is not. Also, as I said before, I can see the battery broadcasting it's bluetooth SSID. If I try to connect to it through the bluetooth settings menu, it tells me I need an app to connect to it. The app acts like it does not see the battery's bluetooth signal and makes no attempt to connect to it. I even reinstalled the app this morning and no luck.
Do you have another phone you can try? Android or iOS?

Is location on, if it's an android?

Ok, I figured out the "issue". I recently purchased these batteries and a 12/3k original Multiplus. I have also recently purchased and installed a chinese diesel heater. I used one of the batteries briefly to power on the diesel heater because the camper's 12v converter was not up to the task of delivering the 15A needed to start the heater. This was the point in which I had connected up to the BT on the battery to see how much the heater was drawing, how much charge the battery had, etc. I function tested the heater and all appeared good. I got on here looking for info on putting the battery back to sleep, then decided to just put it back in its box. The battery stayed on and I periodically checked the bluetooth over the next few days. I got to the point to where I was ready to install the batteries and inverter. I didn't realize the diesel heater was broadcasting a bluetooth ssid. I was sure that ssid was coming from the battery because, well, what else could it be! I think maybe the battery went back into some kind of rest mode and turned off its bluetooth because there was no loads or charging? Maybe?
Either way, I just got finished with the install and the batteries are sitting here charging away happily and bluetooth is working fine!

Tell me about multiple BlueTooth devices in a small area :(

With family over for Christmas we will have a dozen or so headsets, twice that many phones (all on my WiFi of course) all pinging away wanting a connection (Thai's have no concept of network security, everything is default), good luck trying to connect something new ...

And, it also seems that everyone has the same ringtone!!

Barbie/booze-up is on Sunday, the 25th is a normal work day here :(

Ok, I figured out the "issue". I recently purchased these batteries and a 12/3k original Multiplus. I have also recently purchased and installed a chinese diesel heater. I used one of the batteries briefly to power on the diesel heater because the camper's 12v converter was not up to the task of delivering the 15A needed to start the heater. This was the point in which I had connected up to the BT on the battery to see how much the heater was drawing, how much charge the battery had, etc. I function tested the heater and all appeared good. I got on here looking for info on putting the battery back to sleep, then decided to just put it back in its box. The battery stayed on and I periodically checked the bluetooth over the next few days. I got to the point to where I was ready to install the batteries and inverter. I didn't realize the diesel heater was broadcasting a bluetooth ssid. I was sure that ssid was coming from the battery because, well, what else could it be! I think maybe the battery went back into some kind of rest mode and turned off its bluetooth because there was no loads or charging? Maybe?
Either way, I just got finished with the install and the batteries are sitting here charging away happily and bluetooth is working fine!
Yes, the batteries go to the low power storage mode after a period of inactivity. The time before they do this is adjustable in the same basic settings menu.

Yes, the batteries go to the low power storage mode after a period of inactivity. The time before they do this is adjustable in the same basic settings menu.
Yes, I think I saw that in there. It is currently set to 360 min.

This is a bit off the current topic, but here goes anyhow. What I used to precharge the capacitors was a small automotive test light (looks like a small screwdriver with a short test lead with an aligator clip at one end, the light in the handle, and then the needle probe at the other end). The light came on as it charged the capacitor, slowly began to dim as the capacitors began to get full, then just before the light would go out completely the bulb would start to glow bright again. I assumed, at first, that perhaps I had just charged the first capacitor and now maybe there was another one to charge. This cycle repeated over and over about 5 or 6 times till I decided to call it good. Is this normal? I expected the capacitor to charge, the light to go out, and thats it.

Tell me about multiple BlueTooth devices in a small area :(

With family over for Christmas we will have a dozen or so headsets, twice that many phones (all on my WiFi of course) all pinging away wanting a connection (Thai's have no concept of network security, everything is default), good luck trying to connect something new ...

And, it also seems that everyone has the same ringtone!!

Barbie/booze-up is on Sunday, the 25th is a normal work day here :(

So far, everything seems to be working good. I have 4 bluetooth signals in the confines of a slide in camper (2 batteries, BT dongle for the Victron inverter, and diesel heater) and I have been able to switch between them easily to go from looking at the batteries to see what the inverter is putting out.

@HighTechLab
One more question for you. I just found
How to Calibrate SOC from an old post of yours. As my batteries are already in use, how long should they be taken out of service and do the 2 batteries need to be isolated from each other before doing a static calibration via ABC-BMS? Do you guys by chance do this calibration before you ship them out?

Last edited:
Yes, I think I saw that in there. It is currently set to 360 min.

This is a bit off the current topic, but here goes anyhow. What I used to precharge the capacitors was a small automotive test light (looks like a small screwdriver with a short test lead with an aligator clip at one end, the light in the handle, and then the needle probe at the other end). The light came on as it charged the capacitor, slowly began to dim as the capacitors began to get full, then just before the light would go out completely the bulb would start to glow bright again. I assumed, at first, that perhaps I had just charged the first capacitor and now maybe there was another one to charge. This cycle repeated over and over about 5 or 6 times till I decided to call it good. Is this normal? I expected the capacitor to charge, the light to go out, and thats it.
Since you have a Victron inverter, you can just connect AC power to the multiplus and put it in charger only mode. The inverter will use AC power to pre-charge it's capacitors and then start charging the batteries activating them in the process. Easiest inverters ever.

@HighTechLab
One more question for you. I just found
How to Calibrate SOC from an old post of yours. As my batteries are already in use, how long should they be taken out of service and do the 2 batteries need to be isolated from each other before doing a static calibration via ABC-BMS? Do you guys by chance do this calibration before you ship them out?
We do not calibrate them before shipping. Frankly, we take the box off the pallet, put a shipping label on it and then FedEx picks up at 3.

If you are doing an idle current calibration, it must be done with zero loads on the battery (and not paralleled with another battery). I suggest disconnecting one of the cables from the terminal of the battery during this process. If you are referring to doing two cycles on the battery to calibrate the SOC reading, well, that's only needed for initial calibration. If you cycle the batteries regularly during use then they should remain mostly accurate. When all else fails, a real battery monitor such as a Victron SmartShunt or equivalent is your friend.

Since you have a Victron inverter, you can just connect AC power to the multiplus and put it in charger only mode. The inverter will use AC power to pre-charge it's capacitors and then start charging the batteries activating them in the process. Easiest inverters ever.
That is good to know!! Thank you!

I just recharged after the first complete discharge in this SOC calibration process. What is considered an acceptable V Difference between the cells in a battery. I currently have one battery with a V difference of 0.14V. The other battery is less than half that.

The inverter is also still in Float mode. I thought Float was bad for LFP?

Back